Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He looks a good player but then so did Scott Sinclair in that league so can be hard to judge.

Sinclair done well in  the  PL  with Swansea,  which  made City get him  in the first place.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

How come he doesn’t say what? “Edouard wants to go to a club at the top of the table”?.... Because what’s the harm in saying a ‘lesser’ club, which is exactly what we are?

(Other than annoying some Villa fans who still think we’re the ‘great’ club that won things decades ago)

Surely you understand there's about 10 + better ways to write that than throwing in lesser teams/clubs. I could manage that, and I'm not a journalist nor is English my first language. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Throw in Rico Henry too. Would love him and Aarons as our fullbacks. I think they’d both come as well, just depends if we have enough money left over after we’ve sorted the mess further up the field. 

I’d rather Jamal Lewis also from Norwich.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I’d rather Jamal Lewis also from Norwich.

The thing with Norwich that baffles me is that Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis are very highly rated, yet they formed one of the worst the worst defences in the league last year. 

Why was that? Genuine question. I didn’t watch much of them, only what I saw at Villa park (where Aarons was superb). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Surely you understand there's about 10 + better ways to write that than throwing in lesser teams/clubs. I could manage that, and I'm not a journalist nor is English my first language. 

It just looks like Villa fans being overly sensitive. Nixon didn’t even outright say that we’re lesser. He put it in inverted commas which can signify a ‘thought’ or something that’s not entirely factual.

The fact that we’re even discussing this is ridiculous. :suspect:

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It all sounds perfect from a Brentford fans point of view, anyone would think that your club is trying to sell them to us 😉

What I'd like to know is what you think is bad about there game, we've heard the good but what about what they need to work on and where they are weakest.

I'm no coach, just a veteran Bees supporter, so probably a bit bias, Watkins has worked so hard on improving his all round game, and its paid dividends, I can't honestly say he needs much more improvement, I think he's ready for the step up, very much like Vardy was, I have met him a few times at club functions and he a genuinely nice guy, no Bertie Big *ollocks about him at all.

Benrahma is no slouch either, needs to be a little less selfish with the ball, tries to do it all at times, not the best header of the ball, can be a bit of a hot head at times, but very, very entertaining to watch, would bring flair to any side.

Have to face the inevitable, but shall miss them when (if) they move on, but Hey Ho that's a Bee's supporters life. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The thing with Norwich that baffles me is that Aarons, Godfrey and Lewis are very highly rated, yet they formed one of the worst the worst defences in the league last year. 

Why was that? Genuine question. I didn’t watch much of them, only what I saw at Villa park (where Aarons was superb). 

Good question and I don’t know, I didn’t see that much of them but I’d guess due in part to the amount of pressure they were under. It’s a little like when Hull has Maguire and Robertson in their defence.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Good question and I don’t know, I didn’t see that much of them but I’d guess due in part to the amount of pressure they were under. It’s a little like when Hull has Maguire and Robertson in their defence.

I’d also add in the way Norwich tried to play by taking the game to the opposition at times leaving them way too open. Similar to us before lock down.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Better to make a bid for Dembele the ex Celtic and Fulham striker.  Now at Lyon.

Think he would cost similar to Edouard.

There is absolutely no way he would come to us. 

I doubt Edouard will tbh. I think he probably has his sights set on playing in Europe.

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

There is absolutely no way he would come to us. 

I doubt Edouard will tbh. I think he probably has his sights set on playing in Europe.

I think we’ve got our sights set on playing in Europe. Leicester went from relegation fodder to winning the league. I’m not saying it will happen next season but I don’t think our owners are the type of people who would be happy to aim for mid table. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The vermin press really are going around in circles this time aren’t they, not got the slightest **** clue and making themselves look utterly ridiculous with their click bait bullshit which seems to be half a dozen ‘stories’ on their seventh or eighth lap.

Its scary that people are paid a wage for this shit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChinlessWonder said:

The vermin press really are going around in circles this time aren’t they, not got the slightest **** clue and making themselves look utterly ridiculous with their click bait bullshit which seems to be half a dozen ‘stories’ on their seventh or eighth lap.

Its scary that people are paid a wage for this shit.

They've literally not got a clue not even a vague one, see the BS Sturridge story as perhaps the most obvious example. It is utter trash on a par with Talksport and the old days of Clubcall I don't know why people take any notice of it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I'd like us to sign Édouard, but Nixon isn't the most reliable of sources. And can't see us going for both he and Watkins, some seem to think we will play Watkins on the wing, but that won't happen, the reason he's being linked to the premier league for such a big fee is because of his form last season playing through the middle where he was probably the best striker in the championship.

Given our struggles scoring goals last season I would be surprised if we pin our hopes on Watkins alone making the difference in attack. Even when we sign a winger, I just don't see how Samatta or Davis would be able to contribute much next season so we would be relying on Watkins and Wesley, when he's fully fit again, to get the goals.

If the Edouard links are true, it might be worth offering Samatta as part of the deal. I'm sure Celtic would take him, and he'd do pretty well in the SPL.