Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He seems much better than that to me. I suppose you can’t be sure until he plays in the PL

Thats the other thing, all those goals were scored against scottish level defenders, similar to championship level. Could that style of striker work in the premier?

Had my doubts whether Kodjia could have made the step up back when he was playing well too. It just involves far too many touches that he will get here.

1 hour ago, MadridVilla said:

Trippier story is absolute BS.

I say this as Atletico are my second team, and I saw more of them last year than I did Villa. He was perhaps a surprise package given that he had arrived without much of a fanfare, and it was impressive how quickly he adapted into Simeone's system. Perhaps I'm biased as an Englishman but he was one of my favourite players last year for Atleti. Trippier is liked a lot by Simeone and he has pretty much nailed the starting right back spot ahead of Arias and Vrsaljko. 

Funnily enough I ended up on a flight with him from Madrid to wonderful Birmingham a few months back, he was off to St George's Park for some treatment to an injury he had and I asked him about interest from Villa a few years back before he joined Spurs. Let's just say it's fair to say he saw Villa as below his level before he joined Spurs (rightly so), and I don't think that's changed having moved to a top European club. He'd said he'd quite happily retire out in Spain - and I'm sure he's said on record somewhere else he would only consider playing for Burnley in the future.

Edit: https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport/football/international-football/kieran-trippier-exclusive-burnley-only-club-id-come-back-england-2459964

Vrsalijko would be a good pick up thinking about it. Been injured last 12 months but did well for Croatia in world cup. Oh wait 28 years old so about to join the retirement village...

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Mobility between the 2 are night and day. Edouard is far more mobile and explosive.

Not in that first season before the injury, very similar for me!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Vrsalijko would be a good pick up thinking about it. Been injured last 12 months but did well for Croatia in world cup. Oh wait 28 years old so about to join the retirement village...

He is much more likely to be sold than Trippier I would imagine, but probably wouldn't end up at Villa. He was back-up to Juanfran, Arias joined when he went on loan, and now he's third choice behind Trippier and Arias. Honestly, I quite like Guilbert and I think we have more pressing squad issues to deal with than at right back.

• Like 1

I know we need experienced/proven players but as well as signing promising youth players I hope we are also still scouring the world for bargains. I know there is risk in doing that but it's been a link time since we bought someone cheaply and developed them. Guilbert and McGinn is about as good as it's a got in a very long time.

Re Trippier...every time there is an England training camp, would he have to quarantine for 14 days (so basically miss the whole thing)? Or would he be exempt? 

With the Euros coming up, potential problems with England squad selection would be the only reason I could see him returning to Uk. 

45 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Thats the other thing, all those goals were scored against scottish level defenders, similar to championship level. Could that style of striker work in the premier?

Had my doubts whether Kodjia could have made the step up back when he was playing well too. It just involves far too many touches that he will get here.

I’ve seen Edouard a few times live and I think he’s incredible. Miles better than Kodjia and more like Tammy I think 🤔 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve seen Edouard a few times live and I think he’s incredible. Miles better than Kodjia and more like Tammy I think 🤔 

This is what i was kind of hoping to hear, my opinion is based on nothing more than you tube highlights, I dont pretend to know any more about him!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kodj was fine before his injuries, would've probably done alright in the premier league at that point.

Other than the fact he was a completely fecking selfish b*stard who would have easily been closed down by Prem defenders who knew he wouldn’t pass....ever?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Given what Purslow has said about our approach to the market if anyone thinks we are going to spend £20m+ on a RB who is 29 then they've not been paying attention.

Be careful, some may think you are stating a fact....

Just putting it out there, if we do end up signing Philip Billing then I will be hugely disappointed if we don't reveal him with a picture of him wearing full match kit at a train station.