Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

15 hours ago, ChinlessWonder said:

Expect ‘closing in’ to be less cheetah and Gazelle and more Voyager space satellite and the outer reaches of the solar system.

In other ‘news’ we’re not ‘preparing’ this week but ‘plotting’ which suggests we’re going backwards as plotting would surely come before preparing in most situations.

In my opinion plotting is more detailed preparation and so plotting is more advanced than preparing. Unless of course we are preparing to launch, which is further advanced than plotting. However closing in comes after launch. So I would say the time line is as follows;

1. Preparing,   2. Plotting,   3. Preparing to launch,   4. Launching,   5. Closing in, then finally  6. The swoop. 

Of course there are sometime additional plays that occasionally can be added by the more advanced gamers. For example the “audacious” swoop or of course the “cheeky” bid which can often stand alone without any of the aforementioned preparing or plotting etc. It’s interesting that you have introduced wild animals into the process, but be careful to not get too involved with fish, especially pollock as that can really open a can of worms. 

A new week, still no signings. For a team that’s narrowly escaped relegation, 3 weeks away from the season starting and we still haven’t signed a player... that is grim.

- From an overreacting villa fan 

• Like 2

It’s Monday morning, the beginning of a brand new week, a week that will see Aston Villa make their first signing of the window. Or a week that will see a further 350 pages of speculation on VT, five new player threads, countless fish puns and hundreds of disappointed Villa fans. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s Monday morning, the beginning of a brand new week, a week that will see Aston Villa make their first signing of the window. Or a week that will see a further 350 pages of speculation on VT, five new player threads, countless fish puns and hundreds of disappointed Villa fans. 

Not yet, NOT YETTTT, i'm still breakfasting.

OIP.jpg

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, MCU said:

A new week, still no signings. For a team that’s narrowly escaped relegation, 3 weeks away from the season starting and we still haven’t signed a player... that is grim.

I'm slightly concerned. 

You could argue that currently we have the worst group of strikers and keeper in the league going into the first game. 

I'm a little nervous not gonna lie. It would be frustrating if after two consecutive season where we pull off mini miracles, we don't cement ourselves as a premier league team this season.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MCU said:

True but we looked like a mid table team post lockdown

I think our midfield is really good. Jack is superb on the left. Samatta and Wesley are both crap, hoping for a big season for Keinan. Trezeguet on the right is a bit like Weimann, works like a horse and will ship in with a goal every now and then but limited player.

Our defence is ok. Targett still terrifies me defensively but he is good going forward. Heaton on his way back.

I don't think it's as bad as people are suggesting if we make no signings.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Yeah pretty darn lousy if we have this week and still no signings. I would love to see two come in by end of the week, three even but I think I'm dreaming and asking for a those behind Villa to pull there socks up about this.

Like some have said, were a struggling premier side that needs signings. We need signings in earliest as possible to give them every possible bit of time to work into the squad so we dont have an early rough time.

Sure weve just had a couple of new guys getting into there new jobs, but I hope to god they are close to finding some new players soon.

Edited by Dave-R

Given the window's overlap with the season cos Covid - I'm suspending the usual anxiety about getting players in pronto - that's not to say it's an invalid point, I'd love them in early, but the start of this season is going to be quite a mixed bag for a lot of teams while they wait to get the squad sorted. Hopefully our form carries over from end of last season, there's a good chance it could. 

Club is working on deals behind the scenes but nothing is remotely close at the moment so wouldn't expect any deals to be completed for weeks yet. A lot of clubs need money but at the moment are trying their luck and asking for ridiculous sums for their players, as we get closer to the close of the window they will panic and have no choice but to lower their asking prices, we're adamant that we're not going to over pay.

Edited by useless
I made this up, but it's the impression I get.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2