Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i still can't believe how quiet the transfer window has been. i guess players are still on holiday, but across the board there has been very little activity

No different to how late May/early June is in a normal season

3 hours ago, NSmith22 said:

There has been tons of MLS references this offseason, I guess I thought I was one of the few Americans on here. Let me preface by saying I’m a huge supporter of American football and the league. But if we’re looking for upgrades on the first 11 in MLS count me as terrified. This team needs established players and having experience in the league or championship is a huge plus. I want top half finishes and cup runs, not relegation battles because we filled the squad with up and comers again. I would only take Mckennie and Pulisic right now, otherwise the pool is too inexperienced. 

There is a reason there is lots of players from the USA end up in Germany and it’s immigration rules. It’s easy to go there and it isn’t easy to come here for these young players 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, paul514 said:

There is a reason there is lots of players from the USA end up in Germany and it’s immigration rules. It’s easy to go there and it isn’t easy to come here for these young players 

Precisely, which is why we'll see more Americans coming to the Premier League after breaking through in the Bundesliga (Pulisic, McKennie imminently, potentially Adams and Reyna in due time) rather than straightaway. There are aspects of Brexit that promise to affect work permit requirements and that could result in more Americans signing with English clubs and hoping to develop there, where currently they get loaned right back out to clubs in France or Netherlands.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

Precisely, which is why we'll see more Americans coming to the Premier League after breaking through in the Bundesliga (Pulisic, McKennie imminently, potentially Adams and Reyna in due time) rather than straightaway. There are aspects of Brexit that promise to affect work permit requirements and that could result in more Americans signing with English clubs and hoping to develop there, where currently they get loaned right back out to clubs in France or Netherlands.

Claudio's kid?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

A lot of spurious links mentioning Villa and Daniel Sturridge about on social media. I think his wage to game-time ratio would mean a no from me. Also, have I just completely forgot that he was a former 'academy product', as I've just read. If so, why don't we ever see his name chucked about along with the others we gave away instead of giving a chance to?

No,no,no,no,no,no.......