Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Thiago Alcantara is available for under 30 million it seems and Liverpool being the cheap bastards they are don't seem to want to pay that. Yes I know he is on 12 million a year but what over a 3 year contract that is only 36 million. Would you pay 70 million for 3 years of thiago because I would. 

Thiago Alcantara will not come to Aston Villa. Come on!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

None of the academy players that we were meant to be signing O'Reilly, McBride, Shakpoke, Borgarde, Winkles, or Chrisene have officially signed yet, sounds like we're under a transfer embargo.

How do you know this @useless?

These guys costs hardly anything signing up (Unless pinched from another Youth Academy)

Edited by Villan4Life

How do I know what? I only know that they haven't officially signed yet, or at least they haven't been officially announced as having signed yet. I'm sure they will in time, a lot of players away at the moment.

Just now, useless said:

Cash has become quite highly rated since moving to right-back, think he's widely regarded as the best player in that position in the championship. Think I read recently that Forest want around £15m for him.

He is highly regarded.  Would have no problem signing him but personally if we can’t get Aarons, then I would prefer Bogle. 

• Like 1

Just now, Villan4Life said:

"fail" is the key word there Moto in your sentence sir.

Willian seems to be leaving on the cheap as well. We could do well with a player with the philosophy you miss 100% of the shots you don't take so I'm going to take them all. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

But he is actually Brazilian. His brother Rafinha is capped for the Brazilian national team. He presumably just played 5 years in Spain so was eligible for the call up. 

Yeah I know but he opted for Spain years ago. Moved to Spain when he was 6 or something like that.

we have more chance of signing pretty much anyone than we have of Thiago

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Willian seems to be leaving on the cheap as well. We could do well with a player with the philosophy you miss 100% of the shots you don't take so I'm going to take them all. 

Out of contract player who's already had his medical at Arsenal. We are years away from signing these type of players.

• Like 1

Would still like us to sign a Premier League experienced CB to play alongside Mings. Smalling would be my pick. 

Would also like us to look at R Sessegnon, either on loan or permanent signing.  Think he’d be a real asset down the left. The boy badly needs a run of games. If we’re not interested, can see him returning to Fulham.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

You're on the ket:- Just say neigh Moto!!!

em6HIfS.gif?noredirect

No I'm just saying we should be in for everyone who we tbink could be an asset to us. If we aim low we are only going to fall short. So we may as well aim for the moon in the hopes we reach the skies. 

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No I'm just saying we should be in for everyone who we tbink could be an asset to us. If we aim low we are only going to fall short. So we may as well aim for the moon in the hopes we reach the skies. 

Not really Moto.

It really does not matter what a player costs in weekly wages or transfer fee as long as they have potentially good:- characteristics , overall talent, attitudes, attributes,  amplitude, intelligence, and can  significantly improve/become better player and person with all these.

Forget overall fee or wages to start.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Why not go in for Sancho? £100mill is a lot of money but would hold his value at 20 years old and can play on either wing, would be a real asset going forward. I think he'd make the step up to the prem easily so low risk

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You really think the club don't make speculative enquiries like this? Contacting agents and the like. Just because you do no hear doesn't mean it does not happen. For instance, we enquired about Giroud in Jan (and that is the one that actually got out). Unless you are suggesting the club are failing because they are not actually signing players of this calibre? But really what is the point in hard chasing unrealistic targets with unrealistic wage demands anyway. Leeds were going to 'try' and sign Cavani this summer remember? (Reported he has agreed terms with Benfica, by lowering his terms to a mere 175,000 euros a week) Great they're aiming for the moon right? Like the guy "who will only dates 9 or 10's" that is left holding himself at night. So far they're signed Joe Gelhardt (I think he is a good prospect btw) at CF.

*Besides Willian's wage, signing-on fee, agent fee will be anything but 'cheap'! He would absolutely smash our wage structure.

The only way I could see this being a possibility is an Cambiaso-type signing, player in twilight sold on the English challenge. Great if we were to make such a signing, but I try to be realistic and don't chastise the clubs 'lack of ambition' if we don't sign CL quality players.