Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Are these Europa League and Champions League mini tournaments over the next week going to be this summers equivalent of the World Cup or Euros? As in will players secure big moves on the basis of a few good performances and then never live up to expectation?

I'd much prefer that we would already have transfer targets in mind, scouting is done, and it's a case of securing said targets/waiting for the dominos to fall, rather than "Oh your man had a good game last night, ring up Copenhagen there and ask how much"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

This judging players as to if they’ve played in CL or The Europa League Isn’t a particularly good benchmark. Countries all get places in European competitions regardless of the strength of their national league. A strong team from a country with a weak league will consistently play in Europe. That doesn’t make their players good enough for Real Madrid or Bayern Munich etc. 

He has played 12 and 13 games in Europe for the past 2 seasons, of course its easy to qualify, but they have also advanced from either qualification and/or group stages

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Rasmus Falk is 28 and has 1 cap for Denmark, in 2013 when he was subbed at ht against Malta.

I really don't see us going for him, just like I don't see us going for Sweden's #3 keeper even thou he had a great game against Manure last night. FCK connection or not

Just wanted to mention that Rasmus Falk has had to compete against players like Pierre-Emil Højbjerg, Cristian Eriksen and Youssuf Poulsen, Pione Sisto, Thomas Delayney and Robert Skov for a position in the danish midfield/wing 

• Like 2

I don't think that Danish presenter was being serious about us signing Falk, it was said in jest because he was having a good game yesterday and because Lange has recently just joined us from Copenhagen.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

Just wanted to mention that Rasmus Falk has had to compete against players like Pierre-Emil Højbjerg, Cristian Eriksen and Youssuf Poulsen, Pione Sisto, Thomas Delayney and Robert Skov for a position in the danish midfield/wing 

Sure, but 45 minutes in 7 years. And with the players you listed I assume Falk can play in all midfield and attacking positions since you list DCM's CM'S, LW's, RW's and attackers?

Maybe we can make a swap with Jota if we pick up 75% of his wages.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't think that Danish presenter was being serious about us signing Falk, it was said in jest because he was having a good game yesterday and because Lange has recently just joined us from Copenhagen.

Yup, that's how I read it too.

Anyone know how good Adam Ounas is?  He has pace if one is to believe FIFA 20.  

Nice didn’t take up the option to sign him for 25m euro, think it was down to him being injured at start of loan but apparently he became good towards the end.

Just on the MLS debate

Here’s an article from two years ago on ‘5 MLS wonderkids’ from nearly two years ago (November 2018). All of them were aged under 21.

https://blog.wyscout.com/mls-alphonso-davies-tyler-adams-latif-blessing/

Out of the five, three of them (Alphonso Davies, Tyler Adams and Yangel Herrera) play in Europe. The other two, Milton Valenzuela and Latif Blessing are still young enough to make the grade.

So that’s a 60% success rate from a well respected site and that’s pretty good.

I read another article (can’t find it right now) which commented on how the MLS was becoming the stepping stone to the big European leagues for South American players rather than the traditional route of lower league clubs in Spain or Portugal.

And Yangel Herrera I guess is a case in point. Bought by Man City for £2m when he was 19 and specifically loaned out to their franchise MLS club (rather than a club in Europe) for his development.

Now Valencia Heavily linked with him and he will definitely end up at a big club.

So I think the MLS has come along leaps and bounds over the last 3-4 years and we would be mad not to look at it as another marketplace.

My own recommendation would be someone like Brian Rodríguez. 20 year old Uruguayan winger that Los Angeles paid £10m quid for last summer. Already a full international with 3 goals In 6 games. He won’t be cheap (£15m-£18m) but in 2-3 years you can imagine him having a £50m price tag.

https://footballbh.net/2020/04/07/brian-rodriguez-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

Why is that?

Granted he is 28 and maybe a bit old, but he has everything that would help us improve. He is technically gifted, has vision to set up chances for others, he isnt goal greedy but is teamplayer, will do everything to win and he is a fighter. If you love John Mcginn, then you would love Rasmus Falk as well. He has been one of the best players in the danish league for last couple of years.

Granted, he is not as good as Grealish, but he has a little bit of "grealish"-skill in him, combined with Mcginn and Hourihanes passing/shooting and can play all midfieldpositions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LwrinGzKso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V5p1FEHA5w

The last video is just showing 2 or 3 of his dribles and goeals from different angles

Great.

He’s 28 if he was the level of quality needed here he would have been picked up years ago.

All I want for early Christmas (this month) is Benrahama on the left wing, Buendía on the right wing, Watkins up front (or Abraham, possibly on a season long loan deal, if Chelsea sign a top CF) and Paolo Maldini in defence, I don't think that's asking for too much.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

thanks

You mentioned the reason in your reply, he’s 28 player his while career in Denmark, IF he was a gem he would have been unearthed at a younger age.

we aren’t looking for unproven players that aren't even in a top 10 league and most importantly are 28 years old

Brahim Diaz worth a gamble ? Still only 21 and stock is low after a disaster of a move to Real and reportedly available for €10mill... We should be looking at Jack’s replacement this summer regardless and Buendia & Diaz could help fill his void/rotate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

You might be right, but this sounds like what people said about Brett Holman.

Nobody who'd ever seen Holman play before said anything of the sort 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Other Mat said:

Just popped on and saw Brett Holmans name, had to double check I hadn't woken up in 2012. 

Maybe we should try and get Robbie Keane in permanently. 

• Haha 1