Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Was waiting for it to pop up in the media about us signing Benteke and an article has popped up.

Some fans seem to think hes worth the bash in comments below in that article, I'm mixed about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tbrfootball.com/aston-villa-fans-react-as-reports-claim-christian-benteke-can-be-signed-on-the-cheap/amp/

Edited by Dave-R

2 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Ramsey seems surplus at Juventus. Good player but would blow our wage structure out of the water. 

Was thinking he would be a very strong addition but Juve are paying him €400k per week so can’t see him moving (similar to Bale) unless he wants to continue playing and is willing to take a significant pay cut. Haven’t followed him in Serie A, don’t think he’s played that much. He was so good in his final Arsenal season. Cant see him being a favourite of Pirlo! 

Some bits of interest this morning:

RB Leipzig have tried to renegotiate their buy cause they had in their loan for Roma's striker Patrick Schick lower because of the impact of the pandemic. Roma aren't willing to lower, but seem to be making him available at the same price to other clubs which is around £23m.

Also from Roma, sounds like they are looking to sell Cengiz Under and Justin Kluivert, both of whom are wingers. Neither have been standouts this season from all accounts, but there is talent there and so may be of interest to us.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Although it's understandable in the current climate, it's very frustrating we can't get our work done early. 

Using Douglas Luiz as an example is seems pretty critical thst a player gets a pre season or time to train for 3-4 weeks solid with the team. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dnmacf said:

Was thinking he would be a very strong addition but Juve are paying him €400k per week so can’t see him moving (similar to Bale) unless he wants to continue playing and is willing to take a significant pay cut. Haven’t followed him in Serie A, don’t think he’s played that much. He was so good in his final Arsenal season. Cant see him being a favourite of Pirlo! 

I totally forgot he had gone to Juventus. More of a Ian Rush rather than John Charles impact then.

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

Why is that?

Granted he is 28 and maybe a bit old, but he has everything that would help us improve. He is technically gifted, has vision to set up chances for others, he isnt goal greedy but is teamplayer, will do everything to win and he is a fighter. If you love John Mcginn, then you would love Rasmus Falk as well. He has been one of the best players in the danish league for last couple of years.

Granted, he is not as good as Grealish, but he has a little bit of "grealish"-skill in him, combined with Mcginn and Hourihanes passing/shooting and can play all midfieldpositions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LwrinGzKso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V5p1FEHA5w

The last video is just showing 2 or 3 of his dribles and goeals from different angles

His stats for goals and assists don't look that great for a creative player, although, that's all I'm going off. Jonas Wind seems to be more productive with goals and assists and is 8 years younger. 

4 minutes ago, Wes said:

RB Leipzig have tried to renegotiate their buy cause they had in their loan for Roma's striker Patrick Schick lower because of the impact of the pandemic. Roma aren't willing to lower, but seem to be making him available at the same price to other clubs which is around £23m.

Also from Roma, sounds like they are looking to sell Cengiz Under and Justin Kluivert, both of whom are wingers. Neither have been standouts this season from all accounts, but there is talent there and so may be of interest to us.

I follow Leipzig. Schick is a good player and I'd take him in a heartbeat at Villa. Can't see it happening though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Are these Europa League and Champions League mini tournaments over the next week going to be this summers equivalent of the World Cup or Euros? As in will players secure big moves on the basis of a few good performances and then never live up to expectation?

I'd much prefer that we would already have transfer targets in mind, scouting is done, and it's a case of securing said targets/waiting for the dominos to fall, rather than "Oh your man had a good game last night, ring up Copenhagen there and ask how much"

I think the days of managers signing players on the back of World Cup performances with scouting notes written on the back of a fag packet ended a long time ago (even well before O'Neill signed Salifou after seeing him as a pundit). With all the data analysis that goes on these days I think our scouts will know everything there is to know about the players involved in the last 8 of the two European competitions (would like to think so anyway).

It reminds me of Karol Poborski going to United on the back of his Euro 96 performances for some reason in particular.

10 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Some MLS players I think could find roles in England. Not star players, but would crack some starting 11s.

Carlos Vela
Josef Martinez
Pozuelo
Diego Rossi
Diego Valeri
Cristian Pavon

Young prospects

Brenden Aaronson
Christian Paredes
Diego Palacios

There has been tons of MLS references this offseason, I guess I thought I was one of the few Americans on here. Let me preface by saying I’m a huge supporter of American football and the league. But if we’re looking for upgrades on the first 11 in MLS count me as terrified. This team needs established players and having experience in the league or championship is a huge plus. I want top half finishes and cup runs, not relegation battles because we filled the squad with up and comers again. I would only take Mckennie and Pulisic right now, otherwise the pool is too inexperienced. 

Edited by NSmith22

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

Genuine question. If the worst happens and we sell Jack for 50-60mil, is that added to the 100mil we have to spend right now? 

So will we potentially be spending 150mil this summer? 

We won't sell Jack for £50m-£60m, just because Manchester United think that we should. It would also by now be pretty clear to Jack that he's their second choice.

I would hope that we would spend £100m - £120m in any case, but any sales income should increase our spending kitty, by that amount.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Schick would be excellent, IMO. From the bits I’ve seen, he seems quite technically gifted which is what we are really lacking in the ST department. I’d be quite pleased and we got him and Watkins. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The next person who mentions another "BENTEKE TO VILLA" link will be summarily Shot with their own shit💩

This is all getting a little weird. So far today we’ve had suggestions of washing beards in jizz and now being shot with shit. That’s kinky by anyone’s standards. Anyway can’t stop my barbed wire lined boxers need a squirt of WD40. 

• Haha 2