Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

When does pre-season start? Or the players just having the week off and then back to it? 6 Weeks isn’t long to get fitness levels back to where they should be, get McGinn fit, and embed some new players.

Brighton have signed 3 players already and have an exciting player coming back from loan in Ben White, hope we get some traction soon. 

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

When does pre-season start? Or the players just having the week off and then back to it? 6 Weeks isn’t long to get fitness levels back to where they should be, get McGinn fit, and embed some new players.

Brighton have signed 3 players already and have an exciting player coming back from loan in Ben White, hope we get some traction soon. 

Dean said that the players are having 3 weeks off.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Agree (with a nod to Freddy Bouma too)

Been downhill in that position ever since Bouma left. Maybe Targett can kick on next season the way Konsa and Luiz have in the last few games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ramshackler said:

Alot of talk about signing Tammy, for me this would be a huge mistake.

He did well in his time here, but let's not forget it was at a lower level and his goals from open play dried up massively from January onwards (strangely almost completely in our winning streak).

He had a good start with Chelsea but again dried up hugely. Tammy is a numbers forward, he scores but misses alot of chances in comparison. He would get a lot less chances here than at Chelsea and as a result could be far more costly.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like him back, but he is going to cost £30-40 million in current English player market, that is a huge amount of money, money absolutely better spent elsewhere

He's going to cost a lot more than 30-40M imho. It's a though one really, I think he's better suited to the way we play, but I have doubts he'll improve greatly, which he'd need to, for what he'd cost. 

21 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Why has no one signed Baptise Santamaria? Genuine question - there must be some sort of chink in the armour?

I don't understand either. We were right in for him last summer, linked constantly between January and August. Hope we get in done, but I think they basically picked Marvelous over him. We lose far too much quality on the ball if Luiz was out the side for Marvelous.

Can say the same for Benrahma on not being picked up actually.

8 hours ago, ForfarVillan said:

Quotes broken, but you wrote about Shankland.

I've got doubts about his physicality but his goal record is an absolute joke. Just really silly impressive.

Do you think he can contribute if his side doesn't have the ball for 10 mins? He'd probably suit a better side, but very few  good teams really have "goal poachers" any more. I suppose someone like Ings is the ideal example for him.

Edited by Tomaszk

17 hours ago, El-Reacho said:

If we're talking £70-80m+ for Grealish, we can't really expect Abraham to be any cheaper. 

In normal circumstances yes but the fact that we want to keep Grealish and Chelsea may want Tammy to leave (speculation) to make room for bigger and better would push their prices up and down accordingly. There are other factors which determine the price of a player. It's not based on ability alone.

Some room in our wages for some top players, given we didn’t add many high wage earners and released some high earners before the season started.

A8E7794D-2512-4560-A0E8-B4BC58196A03.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Now the Newcastle takeover is dead in the water I wouldn't mind us having a poke at Saint-Maximin, but I think he's still got 4 years left on his deal.

I bet they are going to be looking to sell. Ashley will be having palpitations about an empty stadium and zero sales of minced beef pies and Newky brown! Could be some value in their players.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Would anyone go for John Stones? Apparently W Ham are going for him for £20m (BBC Gossip) 

Hhhmmm that's a good question. Very good experience, still a good age and clearly hugely talented. He nearly won me over in that World Cup but overall he never really seems to have been able to rid the errors out of his game. Even in the season he played loads and City won the league I remember him making loads of errors. 

I don't know is the answer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Would anyone go for John Stones? Apparently W Ham are going for him for £20m (BBC Gossip) 

Yeah I would. Not really worked out for him at City but was a really good defender before that, just turned 26 as well so right age.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

No. Nor would I go for Phil Jones, David Luiz or Joe Hart