Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

11 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

How much for? We can do better. he doesn't suit the uk game. Seen enough of him when younger to realise he's not that good.

do you always have to disagree with everyone on here :)

In fairness to Zatman, Campana has been quality for the last couple of seasons. Arsenal and Sevilla linked with him for a long time.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I dont get these stats, how are Sterling and Vardy got more goals than xG (I'm guessing that means expected goals?

Means good finishing. Expected goals is if an average striker was facing off against an average keeper how many times would you expect them to score from the position they shot from times how many shots they took. Vardy is an above average striker and therefore scored more than he was expected to for instance. 

• Thanks 1

If there's a chance we could sign Abraham we should go all out for it. I know Wolves were linked but he is not going to be getting regular starts each week for them when they have Jiminez, who is excellent for the way they play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I like the stats link abit further down on him, but have you seen that it says on the right his personality is fairly professional 🤣 and his keeper rating is 3, does that mean he has played as a keeper??? Who the bloody hell plays this guy as a keeper on a manager game.

GK is 3 and long throws 5...it's a no from me! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Answer 1 = no

Answer 2 = yes

And so any questions you ask from now on will be met with No then yes, no,yes, no, yes all in that order.

Was that a good joke?

Will Dave and others be the first to slate the newly signed Tammy when he goes on a barren run of not scoring?

36 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If there's a chance we could sign Abraham we should go all out for it. I know Wolves were linked but he is not going to be getting regular starts each week for them when they have Jiminez, who is excellent for the way they play.

Nah. Need to go for wing forwards and try to get something approximating Salah/Mane, rather than the old school eggs-in-one-basket expensive striker. 

17 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Was that a good joke?

Will Dave and others be the first to slate the newly signed Tammy when he goes on a barren run of not scoring?

Answer no to the quote, yes to the joke and no to you slating Tammy, your not catching me out my friend 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nah. Need to go for wing forwards and try to get something approximating Salah/Mane, rather than the old school eggs-in-one-basket expensive striker. 

Yes I'd love it if we could go for those types, Sane I like also.

15 hours ago, Nicho said:

Got to be some young Scottish left back who’s decent. My hope is that Scotland finally produce a few elite players again and they are all left backs 

My team (Dundee Utd) have a decent left back but we're probably his level. Our star is our striker Lawrence Shankland, big season for him as he has been utterly phenomenal for three years in the championship but this is his big test in the top league. I can't see anything but goals from him though, he's a complete natural. Called up for Scotland whilst still in the scottish championship, only one other I can think of that had that recently.....John McGinn.

Edited by ForfarVillan

I'm of an age now where transfer windows are all a little confusing. When I was younger I'd have loads of suggestions as to who we should or shouldn't buy from random continental leagues. Now my normal response is "who?" as unless they have played against Villa in the last season or two I have no idea who they are! Practically every suggestion I've never heard of - I only watch Villa!

On saying that, and in mitigation both for and against, I do feel we need to sort out our mess of a goalkeeping department. Heaton unfit, Reina returned, Steer unfit, Nyland and Kalinic unlikely to make it here and Sarkic left... I suspect partially because he was so messed around over his loan.

I'd be back in for Butland. His value will have dropped but I strongly believe he just needs to leave Stoke as that relationship is toxic now. He could create genuine competition for Heaton (especially during his return to fitness) and could well be a fairly unrisky purchase without using much budget. He only has a year left at Stoke so we are possibly talking well under £10m. He's also seven years younger than Heaton. Keep Steer (or loan when first two are fit) and sell Nyland and Kalinic.

Two England fringe players fighting for No.1 at Villa would be great competition. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ForfarVillan said:

Also, can't believe Ryan Fraser hasn't been snapped up

Terrible attitude last season, talk of going to Arsenal pre season went to his head I read. 

Also reckon one of those couple of good season players then goes downhill

Really hope we're finished making these type signings going forward

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Terrible attitude last season, talk of going to Arsenal pre season went to his head I read. 

seems the case but we never know all the  details with these things. Cracking wee player