Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

3 hours ago, ForfarVillan said:

seems the case but we never know all the  details with these things. Cracking wee player

He said to the media he wasnt trying for the 1st galf last season then bailed on his team mates in the relegation battle. Clubs will have see this as a red flag

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He said to the media he wasnt trying for the 1st galf last season then bailed on his team mates in the relegation battle. Clubs will have see this as a red flag

Really? I doubt teams will give it much thought. We didn't take much notice of Nakamba's red flags!

Edited by zab6359

Alot of talk about signing Tammy, for me this would be a huge mistake.

He did well in his time here, but let's not forget it was at a lower level and his goals from open play dried up massively from January onwards (strangely almost completely in our winning streak).

He had a good start with Chelsea but again dried up hugely. Tammy is a numbers forward, he scores but misses alot of chances in comparison. He would get a lot less chances here than at Chelsea and as a result could be far more costly.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like him back, but he is going to cost £30-40 million in current English player market, that is a huge amount of money, money absolutely better spent elsewhere

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was the one who wanted £100k a week as well wasn't he? 

25 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Really? I doubt teams will give it much thought. We didn't take much notice of Nakamba's red flags!

Story from Belgium is that Nakamba was bullied by his former manager into some deal which he refused so didnt play

As for Fraser its different he admitted he didn't try yet played the games. Who is to say he won't do it again. Minimum effort expected in football 

6 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I'm of an age now where transfer windows are all a little confusing. When I was younger I'd have loads of suggestions as to who we should or shouldn't buy from random continental leagues. Now my normal response is "who?" as unless they have played against Villa in the last season or two I have no idea who they are! Practically every suggestion I've never heard of - I only watch Villa!

On saying that, and in mitigation both for and against, I do feel we need to sort out our mess of a goalkeeping department. Heaton unfit, Reina returned, Steer unfit, Nyland and Kalinic unlikely to make it here and Sarkic left... I suspect partially because he was so messed around over his loan.

I'd be back in for Butland. His value will have dropped but I strongly believe he just needs to leave Stoke as that relationship is toxic now. He could create genuine competition for Heaton (especially during his return to fitness) and could well be a fairly unrisky purchase without using much budget. He only has a year left at Stoke so we are possibly talking well under £10m. He's also seven years younger than Heaton. Keep Steer (or loan when first two are fit) and sell Nyland and Kalinic.

Two England fringe players fighting for No.1 at Villa would be great competition. 

I had the same thought a few days ago. I did a bit of research and it seems his form has been pretty bad this season. His confidence is obviously shot. It would be a risk but if we could get him for around £5m I would still go for it. I would think Stoke May be desperate to get him off their books.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Story from Belgium is that Nakamba was bullied by his former manager into some deal which he refused so didnt play

As for Fraser its different he admitted he didn't try yet played the games. Who is to say he won't do it again. Minimum effort expected in football 

Story from Belguim is he went on strike to force a move......he said she said, we can all pick and choose what to believe.

Players sulk it happens Fraser had his head turned, he's a good player he'll move to a better team and do well. Happily see him play for us unfortunately he'll go to a better team.

Think Philip Billing would be a good signing for us. Didn't set the world on fire this season but showed enough to know that he will continue to improve.

Well suited to a more attacking role which thankfully Howe realised too late

44 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

He had a good start with Chelsea but again dried up hugely. Tammy is a numbers forward, he scores but misses alot of chances in comparison. He would get a lot less chances here than at Chelsea and as a result could be far more costly.

Tammy also creates those chances with his continuous movement, strength, speed and aerial ability. He opens spaces up for Mount etc to score. If we could have Tammy for 30M, I would definitely go for him. Most likely Chelsea wants 40+. 

Going to new season with Samatta and Davis as only fit alternatives is anyway not an option. C.Wilson would cost 15+ M without resell value after contract ending, bigger risk. Bellotti would be inspirational, but moving to prem has risks. 

9 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

How much for? We can do better. he doesn't suit the uk game. Seen enough of him when younger to realise he's not that good.

I respect your opinion but yiu can't judge a player on their ability 6 years ago. We should have learned that mistake when we signed lescott and Richards. I have no clue about campana but I think saying he isn't good enough because he struggled to adapt to England when he was 21 is unfair for the player. 

• Like 3

With Campaña it sounds like he hits a few of the stats boxes, so hopefully he can recreate some of the changes created that he has done in La Liga. He’s also stood out in a poorer side, something that is hard to do when the quality around you isn’t great. 

1 hour ago, ramshackler said:

Alot of talk about signing Tammy, for me this would be a huge mistake.

He did well in his time here, but let's not forget it was at a lower level and his goals from open play dried up massively from January onwards (strangely almost completely in our winning streak).

I'm not saying I wouldn't like him back, but he is going to cost £30-40 million in current English player market, that is a huge amount of money, money absolutely better spent elsewhere

He scored 5 in 7 games for us in the winning streak and I think only one of those was a pen. He didn’t play the last 3 games.

• Like 2