Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just thinking about it (and I'm going to sound a bit SGC here!) but for people who think we can really do better than Tammy I'd love to know how we could realistically sign that has better profile than: someone who is still just 22, already capped a few times for England and has scored 15 premier league goals (likes of Aubameyang, Salah, Vardy etc only ones to score more than that) plus a couple in CL AND someone we know fits our style of play well.

If there's any chance we should go all in.

He would improve us and he will improve too. But I also get what others are saying too.

i would be delighted if he signed but don’t think he hugely moves us forward, we need several better quality attacking players to Improve to the satisfaction of the owners.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just thinking about it (and I'm going to sound a bit SGC here!) but for people who think we can really do better than Tammy I'd love to know how we could realistically sign that has better profile than: someone who is still just 22, already capped a few times for England and has scored 15 premier league goals (likes of Aubameyang, Salah, Vardy etc only ones to score more than that) plus a couple in CL AND someone we know fits our style of play well.

If there's any chance we should go all in.

I have no knowledge whatsoever on players, but the bulk of Tammy’s price tag would be inflated by the fact that he’s young and English.

I’m just playing Devil’s Advocate, but I’m guessing anyone who thinks we can do better, is picturing the same money (say £40m) going on some fancy foreign name, the next ‘big thing’ etc etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd prefer Tammy over Belotti.

This is the correct approach. As @romavillan pointed out, Belotti has improved since the restart, and he's in the worse team, but Abraham looks the much safer bet to succeed here. I like Belotti, but I do think some here are overestimating how good he is. He's a real threat in the air, but his scoring touch comes and goes. Tammy isn't perfect, but he gets chances more consistently and is better in the box than Belotti is. That said, Belotti is better moving with the ball at his feet than Tammy is. 

I think, considering what we've already seen with Tammy in our system, he's a much safer proposition than Belotti. 

I hate to break this to you guy's but Tammy Abraham is not coming to Villa.

He's been at Chelsea since 2004, just played his breakthrough season scoring 15 goals at the highest level of English football and qualifying for the Champions League.

Next season he will be playing in a side filled with world class talent, and for a manager that promotes youth players in his squad. He will be playing in a team competing for the league and playing Champions League football.

Why would he give that up to move to a team that escaped relegation on the last day of the season?

There is a level to the signings we will be making in this window, and Tammy Abraham is above that level right now.

• Like 3

Premier League xG Leaders for 2019-20

1. Gabriel Jesus 21.02 (Actual: 14)
2. Mo Salah 20.66 (19)
3. Raheem Sterling 19.8 (20)
4. Marcus Rashford 19.5 (17)
5. Jamie Vardy 18.9 (23)
6. Tammy Abraham 18.08 (15)

Villa's xG leader was Wesley at 7.27. You can look at Abraham's missed chances and hold that against him, but he missed more chances than Villa strikers were able to get. He'd be a major upgrade to our scoring potential.

Edited by VillaHatesMe

41 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

She dropped the claim but i wonder how much money she accepted for her silence. Generally when a woman claims she was raped she was.

It's not always the case though and we do not know the full story if she dropped the claim because she was paid to or because she wanted to get an innocent guy done because she was out to get money. While there are many who have been wronged in that way there are also those that play on it and that to is real bad crying wolf.

Thing is no one can call him a rapist unless hes proven guilty and floating such names at the side of a guy who could potentially be innocent is not right.

Back to Tammy though, if we can sign him for whatever reason we should, if it's possible then he could certainly aid in keeping us in this League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

He's been at Chelsea since 2004, just played his breakthrough season scoring 15 goals at the highest level of English football and qualifying for the Champions League.

Next season he will be playing in a side filled with world class talent, and for a manager that promotes youth players in his squad. He will be playing in a team competing for the league and playing Champions League football.

Why would he give that up to move to a team that escaped relegation on the last day of the season?

There is a level to the signings we will be making in this window, and Tammy Abraham is above that level right now.

When you say it like that yea no chance.

But his star shone less brightly in the second half of the season, they have a new contract out to Giroud and then signed a new first choice striker.

I'm not saying Tammy will come but I would have thought we could tempt Chelsea into doing business with the right offer considering they want rid of another forward and could bring in someone they clearly rate higher than Tammy.

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This is a perfectly reasonable opinion that my optimism wants nothing to do with right now, sir. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I understand the sentiment of some posters re Tammy or any other good striker for that matter in terms of whether he will get the same service here? Obviously he wont,  however if we put Tammy in our team this year I still think because of his movement and general link up play we as a team would have created more chances. Add to that his pressing which is better than Wesley's I think he could have bagged around 12 league goals with us. 

His goals would have probably been more spread throughout the season as opposed to at Chelsea where the majority came before lockdown.

With a bit more care in his finishing I think he has the ability to score 20+ regardless of who he plays for. 

For me up front we need someone with his movement. He is constantly on the move. For that reason I wouldn't be against us paying big for Tammy. 

3 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

2. Mo Salah 20.66 (19)
5. Jamie Vardy 18.9 (23)

Villa's xG leader was Wesley at 7.27. You can look at Abraham's missed chances and hold that against him, but he missed more chances than Villa strikers were able to get. He'd be a major upgrade to our acoring potential.

I dont get these stats, how are Sterling and Vardy got more goals than xG (I'm guessing that means expected goals?

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

When you say it like that yea no chance.

But his star shone less brightly in the second half of the season, they have a new contract out to Giroud and then signed a new first choice striker.

I'm not saying Tammy will come but I would have thought we could tempt Chelsea into doing business with the right offer considering they want rid of another forward and could bring in someone they clearly rate higher than Tammy.

If you don't ask you dont get. Might as well have the ambition to try and get him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I dont get these stats, how are Sterling and Vardy got more goals than xG (I'm guessing that means expected goals?

Yes, xG means expected goals. It's a stat based on the shot you took and how often a shot of that type, from that area, results in a goal being scored. If you have a higher xG than G, you can complain of being unlucky, and vice versa. It tends to even out over the long haul, but there are also players who consistently underperform or overperform for whatever reason.

12 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

2. Mo Salah 20.66 (19)
5. Jamie Vardy 18.9 (23)

Villa's xG leader was Wesley at 7.27. You can look at Abraham's missed chances and hold that against him, but he missed more chances than Villa strikers were able to get. He'd be a major upgrade to our scoring potential.

Weird. Don't see any of our lads on that list.