Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

16 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

If Heaton is out and Steer/Nyland not trusted, how about Ramsdale at Bournemouth as an option?

Ramsdale looks a good prospect, but he wouldn't come cheap. Heaton will be back and he deserves to the opportunity to get back to doing what he was doing so well for us, before his injury. Assuming he will be back in weeks, rather than months, and that Steer will be fit to start the new season, I would trust him to do a job until Tom's fit to return myself. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It depends on how much Tammy would want to leave really and how much demand there is for him.

And how much Chelsea need the transfer, to recoup after their spending.

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

And how much Chelsea need the transfer, to recoup after their spending.

Do think with Werner incoming that one of Tammy or Batshuayi would be on the move? I know Werner can play on the wing but they have plenty there already.

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Do think with Werner incoming that one of Tammy or Batshuayi would be on the move? I know Werner can play on the wing but they have plenty there already.

I reckon so. And Giroud signed an extension. Maybe Batshuayi would be the obvious depart.

Tammy is great, but I don't see him as being good enough for where Chelsea think they should be. 

If not this season, I'd be amazed if he was still at Chelsea in 12 months. 

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I reckon so. And Giroud signed an extension. Maybe Batshuayi would be the obvious depart.

Reports are that although Tammy triggered an extra year on his Chelsea contract by making a certain number of appearances, they want him to sign a bigger contract and he's refused to talk until he gets assurances about playing time, obviously this is just speculation but I like that attitude, an easy pay rise right in front of him but he wants to play.

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Supposedly Chlesea tried to offer Batshuayi and Barkley to West ham in exchange for Declan Rice. Tammy would deffo be higher up the pecking order than Batshuayi. I wonder if they might want to keep him in case Werner isn't a success. If they offloaded Batshuayi and let Tammy go they'd only have Werner and Giroud up front.

• Like 1

Re Tammy's Miss Video: as others have said it shows his ability to get in to goal scoring positions and that will also free up Jack so even if Abraham isn't scoring the fact he's getting in the positions means Grealish will be even more effective because it's one more threat for the opposition to deal with.

Brentford goalie looks decent.

Not sure we need a goalie yet tbh.

At least one midfielder, if not 2, the French lad looks decent, and i like the look of Kamara at Rangers as well, wouldnt be disappointed with Dacoure either.

A striker, and at least 2 wide players of quality and goals, Delefouesque.

44 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd rather have a player who gets in this positions and gets shots rather than a player who scores every time but never does. 

Also finishing can improve instinct rarely does. 

Tammy's conversion rate for us at Villa was right up there with the other top scorers in the Championship that season.  I don't get this whole stereotype of him missing too many goals.  He's also scored some very hard chances too!

49 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Some have worked, see Zola, Vialli to a point, Ravanelli at 'boro, Vieri at Atletico, Toni at Bayern, but there's certainly plenty have struggled too.

Feel a bit for Cutrone, never really suited their system, was never getting in ahead of Jiminez and didn't want to leave Milan in the first place. Feels like he was used a little bit, a 'name' for Wolves to sign and some quick money for Milan when they needed it, move never seemed in the best interests of the player.

Apparently, Man U are in for Jimenez and Wolves are replacing him with a Portuguese striker: Paulinho. Spending heavily, after Sancho too as everyone is aware. Hopefully lost interest in Grealish as we are not interested in selling unless a crazy offer comes in.

Transfer window is well and truly active now with Man City signing Ake & Torres too.

I’m confident we will be wrapping some deals up soon.

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

There will be big signings, we have more money than most and the owners are happy to spend as much as FFP allows, but the we start filling the academy and reserves with very promising young players who develop here hence the "sustainability'. Chelsea have been doing it for years, hasnt stopped them  spending big.

We spent £130m on filling the squad last season, no "marquee" signings unless you count [at that moment] overpaying for Mings. Imagine if we had a developed talent competing for places, out on loan learning their trade, on lower wages instead of paying through the nose for everyone we need? If anything it will allow us to pay MORE for marquee signings every season in the long run, due to savings and sale income on those who dont make the grade [when we are "at the top level of European Football"].

steve harvey what GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Just a very desirable player in a position we desperately need to improve on.
Do you think he’s unattainable?

Quite out of touch with Italian football nowadays in all honesty.

He’s been at Torino a while (not been snapped up yet) and they are not exactly a successful or top side are they?

Would like to hear from someone with more know how, please enlighten me 😄

Torino didn't manage to have a very good season, fractured squad, disciplinary issues of late being the result of that. After the restart Belotti has been playing very, very well and is wanted by Inter and Roma. No bids or anything but they're both supposed to be the favourite destinations. A move to Inter would mean staying pretty close to Torino (Milan is an hour and ahlf up the road) and Champions League football. I reckon Inter would probably get him if it was a straight choice between Roma and Inter. He only signed a new contract last summer and he won't be cheap.

• Like 1