Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, Paulie said:

He's 22 and banged in 20 goals as a 20 year old (FOR US) in the championship, and put in 15 in the top flight.

He fulfills the target man role and is a finisher that we need to pair with all the chances Jack creates.

Don't care if he has feet like horses hooves, he puts the ball in the net and has done it in our side.  It's a fantastic fit and has instant chemistry.  

the simpsons episode 3 GIF

Edited by Villa Stu
  • Like 1

Pretty sure Belotti has a release clause of around £50-60million. I stand to be corrected on this though. If we meet the release clause then we can theoretically sign him. Will we meet it is another question entirely.

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Torino didn't manage to have a very good season, fractured squad, disciplinary issues of late being the result of that. After the restart Belotti has been playing very, very well and is wanted by Inter and Roma. No bids or anything but they're both supposed to be the favourite destinations. A move to Inter would mean staying pretty close to Torino (Milan is an hour and ahlf up the road) and Champions League football. I reckon Inter would probably get him if it was a straight choice between Roma and Inter. He only signed a new contract last summer and he won't be cheap.

Thanks. Inter seem to have a lot of (attacking) players as it is but I can see why he would be in demand. Just curious why he is still at Torino after all this time, does he have some kind of loyalty toward them?

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Pretty sure Belotti has a release clause of around £50-60million. I stand to be corrected on this though. If we meet the release clause then we can theoretically sign him. Will we meet it is another question entirely.

That’s too much I think mate. Maybe £30-£40m, but if it’s £50-60m I think I would prefer us to go for mitrovic for around £25-30m. Cheaper and slightly less of a risk on return

43 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

If we're talking £70-80m+ for Grealish, we can't really expect Abraham to be any cheaper. 

CGM] [CINE] Not sure if serious [MEME] | not my picture | James ...

Do you honestly think Abraham is worth as much as Grealish? One was decent in a side that is mostly dominating and on the attack in this league (much better in the same situation but a league lower last year), the other carried an entire team to promotion last year and kept them up this year.

Lukaku went to Inter for £60m last year, Salah was £40m 3 years ago, Aubameyang £60m 2 years ago (I know prices have gone up since). Abraham is not worth more than that. £40million max to me
(These 3 examples were the first I could think of at the top clubs over the last few years)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

steve harvey what GIF

Lol, seems strange now, but go back to mid June last year on the Mings thread (say pages 85-95) to remind what we all thought about the £20m being touted. We thought £15m tops and at that price we were having our trousers pulled down by  "greedy Bournemouth."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Would be quite a statement from the owners - not just to buy an exciting young talent like that - but to weaken a rival too. If we gave them £50m for him Ashley would pocket the cash and give Bruce £5m to replace him.

I wouldn’t pay that for him, his out put doesn’t match that figure.

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Thanks. Inter seem to have a lot of (attacking) players as it is but I can see why he would be in demand. Just curious why he is still at Torino after all this time, does he have some kind of loyalty toward them?

Er, he's not from there, I doubt he would have grown up as a Torino fan or anything, he's from nearer Bergamo, just north of Milan. After a stint at Palermo where he didn't exactly set the world on fire Torino had faith in him and now he's been their talisman and captain for a few years at least. He's clearly really happy there but it's not like Grealish or Smith's bond with Villa.

4 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

That’s too much I think mate. Maybe £30-£40m, but if it’s £50-60m I think I would prefer us to go for mitrovic for around £25-30m. Cheaper and slightly less of a risk on return

Again I don't know exactly what it is but from all the paper talk it seems to be around there. Imo Either Abraham or Belotti will be worth paying a premium for. They can both get 20 goals for us. Even with our current squad I think they can easily add 10-12 goals. So with better wingers/ wide forwards I'd expect around 20. 

Belotti is probably better for the high press tactics too. 

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Again I don't know exactly what it is but from all the paper talk it seems to be around there. Imo Either Abraham or Belotti will be worth paying a premium for. They can both get 20 goals for us. Even with our current squad I think they can easily add 10-12 goals. So with better wingers/ wide forwards I'd expect around 20. 

Belotti is probably better for the high press tactics too. 

Mate I agree. I would prefer Tammy or belotti in over mitrovic, I was just saying for the price (if the figure you saw was correct) it would be a big gamble for us to spend that much on him. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Supposedly Chlesea tried to offer Batshuayi and Barkley to West ham in exchange for Declan Rice. Tammy would deffo be higher up the pecking order than Batshuayi. I wonder if they might want to keep him in case Werner isn't a success. If they offloaded Batshuayi and let Tammy go they'd only have Werner and Giroud up front.

But they would have a huge amount of cash to buy another in the Covid market to buy someone they actually want.

1 minute ago, Villa Stu said:

Mate I agree. I would prefer Tammy or belotti in over mitrovic, I was just saying for the price (if the figure you saw was correct) it would be a big gamble for us to spend that much on him. 

Truth be told I haven't seen much of Mitrovic to compare him to the guys I've mentioned. Tammy and Belotti will fit into the press from the front tactics that Dean Smith employed at Walsall (my hometown club) and Brentford. A cheaper alternative but definitely a risk is Patson Daka of RB Salzburg. I've seen him play and he definitely has it. Also a @Villain4Life recommendation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Still don't want Tammy. His feet aren't good enough.

I think your Bonkers, hes been our best striker since god knows when, Gabby was it or Teke??. However you look at it as other have said he gets goals. Tammy is also the player we need up front, that lad will run everywhere on the field if he thinks he can make the difference. In our championship season he made a fair few defensive saves one if I remember right was off the goal line.

For what Tammy is and what he gave us anyone saying they dont want him here does really need there head checking. His feet must be good enough if he was along with Grealish our most influential player on the pitch. Its Tammy's randomness with his feet that creates this (wheres he going moment), he messes footballers up because of it and he does the unthinkable.

A move for Tammy I support and it's for many reasons other than saying no just because you say his feet are wrong. He also absolutely loved and enjoyed being here, bet the way things are going at chelsea that hed now take a role up here at villa and we should go buy him and give him his chance here because he fits the Smith style.

No1 striker easy at villa for me and saves alot of looking about and homework on players we no nothing about.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not by much but hype around Benrahma is crazy and OTT. He has more chance of being another Knockaert, Nzogbia or Taarabt than a superstar. 

The step up from the Championship is a lot bigger and only Jack did it from our promotion squad(Tammy too but he is at Chelsea) 

I'll reserve judgment till I see him play in the Prem.