Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'd pay even 40m for Tammy. He's exactly what we need. Already scored a hatful of goals under Smith. Good mates with a lot of the lads already. I'd make this our first signing of the summer to show we mean business.

Yep, 40 might do it and is within reason.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we could have signed him for 25m last summer then we would have signed him. There was no chance of us ever getting him when we got promoted. 

Had it not been for their transfer ban I think we could have done as they were clearly willing to sell in the previous Jan but once their received the ban he wasn’t going anywhere.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anyone else be slightly underwhelmed if we bought tammy?

Was great in the champ and scordd a few this year with real qualoty service. Is he really the consistent goalscorer we need?

No to the first question.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we could have signed him for 25m last summer then we would have signed him. There was no chance of us ever getting him when we got promoted. 

Yeah sorry meant to say if say Sarri had stayed and they'd have been able to make transfers they'd have put him available for 25m and we'd have been pole posiiton to sign him.

Would be different now, you'd think someone like Leicester would be in for him as a long term Vardy replacement.

• Like 1

Tammy would be a great signing, and if he were to move / become available I think we could be in pole position, he loved his time here (it seemed to me) and we could afford him, would gel with team and club instantly and that’s worth it’s weight in gold alone. 

Only real worry would be whether or not ‘failing to make it’ at Chelsea affects him mentally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Has not been convicted as he?? Do not know how the story has developed and what the out come is.

Surely we should pursue Tam Tam because we knew what he could do and Smith will no how to use him. I've a feeling some of our players would service Tammy far better than the service Wesley, Davis or Samatta received this season  because of the player Tammy is, they knew he could bang goals home so players servicing was less wasted. I think it's another reason why we need someone big in the role of striker because as a striker you need those behind you to have full confidence in you and what you do, something I do not think Wesley, Davis and Samatta have managed to accomplish.

She dropped the claim but i wonder how much money she accepted for her silence. Generally when a woman claims she was raped she was.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just thinking about it (and I'm going to sound a bit SGC here!) but for people who think we can really do better than Tammy I'd love to know how we could realistically sign that has better profile than: someone who is still just 22, already capped a few times for England and has scored 15 premier league goals (likes of Aubameyang, Salah, Vardy etc only ones to score more than that) plus a couple in CL AND someone we know fits our style of play well.

If there's any chance we should go all in.

It would be a coup really. If there's any chance we can get him, we need to make him our top target.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It would be a coup really. If there's any chance we can get him, we need to make him our top target.

Agreed. Albeit I wouldn’t mind Ollie Watkins if we don’t get Abraham. 

We’ll definitely be in for him if he is available. It’s just whether he wants to come to us or not and we can offer him the money he is after. 

• Like 2

We'd be very fortunate indeed to land Abraham. He'd cost a fortune too.

I understand feeling underwhelmed because a player isn't foreign or mysterious to us, but Tammy has proved himself this season in my opinion and I had a few doubts. A genuine 20 goal a season striker at 22. Yes please.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just thinking about it (and I'm going to sound a bit SGC here!) but for people who think we can really do better than Tammy I'd love to know how we could realistically sign that has better profile than: someone who is still just 22, already capped a few times for England and has scored 15 premier league goals (likes of Aubameyang, Salah, Vardy etc only ones to score more than that) plus a couple in CL AND someone we know fits our style of play well.

If there's any chance we should go all in.

I think he’s brilliant, he’s just going to get better too. If Chelsea do let him go, they will regret it. If we do sign him, I’d be over the moon, you might want to edit your post now :)

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Anyone else be slightly underwhelmed if we bought tammy?

Was great in the champ and scordd a few this year with real qualoty service. Is he really the consistent goalscorer we need?

I think we’d be lucky to get Tammy, he’s a proven PL striker.  If we got him it would be a really big signing.  I’m sure who you think we could get that would be bigger.

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Yea I saw that on NewsNow.

I really don't want signings like this in this window, he could turn out to be great or otherwise but we should be spending on a handful of players of much better quality only.

• Like 1