Relegation thread

Knutserov13

57 minutes ago, useless said:

If you're going to go for an Allardyce type you might as well go for the best around at that type of football and that would be Dyche, I haven't just made this up but they even used to call him Allardyche. I think we need to go in a different direction but for a number of reasons I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up as our manager next season

Why would he leave Burnley for Villa?

32 minutes ago, John said:

Watford have 34 points and an 8-goal better goal difference than we have. Their remaining games are West Ham (a), Manchester City (h) & Arsenal (a). It is not unlikely, that they will not pick up another point from those games.  Should that happen and we win tomorrow, we would need a further 5 points from our remaining 3 games (Everton (a), Arsenal (h) & West Ham (a)), unless they lost their games so heavily, that their current goal difference advantage evaporated, then 4 would be enough for us. There is therefore a chance, but we would need to pull off an escape, that would have Harry Houdini applauding. Even if they got 2 points from their games, which is the very maximum that I could see them getting, then 3 wins and a draw from our last 4 games, would see us finish above them.

If not, West Ham could lose or draw at home to Watford, lose at Manchester United and at home to us on the last day, which would leave us needing 5 or 6 points from our other 3 games to finish above them. Failing the other two happening, Brighton could get nothing, or no more than 2 points, from their remaining games (Southampton (a), Newcastle (h) & Burnley (a)), leaving us needing 10 or 12 points to get above them. Bournemouth face Leicester (h), Manchester City (a), Southampton (h) & Everton (a), so I've written them off, like we've been written off! 

The great escape is on then. All we need to do is to find the ability to slip into top four form overnight. Make it so Villa! :cheers:

seth meyers boom GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

The moment I thought we were in trouble was the Bournemouth game at home

Gave away a penalty and luiz screwed up just after to give them a 2-0 lead.

I couldn't give a toss if we get relegated, the premier league Is a closed shop, our best players will be sold regardless of what division we are in next season

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why would he leave Burnley for Villa?

Years ago would never have thought that but Villa are a bit of a poison chalice so even if he does leave Burnley at the end of the season Villa might not be a good career move. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, John said:

Watford have 34 points and an 8-goal better goal difference than we have. Their remaining games are West Ham (a), Manchester City (h) & Arsenal (a). It is not unlikely, that they will not pick up another point from those games.  Should that happen and we win tomorrow, we would need a further 5 points from our remaining 3 games (Everton (a), Arsenal (h) & West Ham (a)), unless they lost their games so heavily, that their current goal difference advantage evaporated, then 4 would be enough for us. There is therefore a chance, but we would need to pull off an escape, that would have Harry Houdini applauding. Even if they got 2 points from their games, which is the very maximum that I could see them getting, then 3 wins and a draw from our last 4 games, would see us finish above them.

If not, West Ham could lose or draw at home to Watford, lose at Manchester United and at home to us on the last day, which would leave us needing 5 or 6 points from our other 3 games to finish above them. Failing the other two happening, Brighton could get nothing, or no more than 2 points, from their remaining games (Southampton (a), Newcastle (h) & Burnley (a)), leaving us needing 10 or 12 points to get above them. Bournemouth face Leicester (h), Manchester City (a), Southampton (h) & Everton (a), so I've written them off, like we've been written off! 

The great escape is on then. All we need to do is to find the ability to slip into top four form overnight. Make it so Villa! :cheers:

Can we loan Messi and Ronaldo for the last 4 games as an emergency. Neymar maybe? Timo Werner?? 4 corrupt refs anyone... Help.

• Haha 1

Relegation is decided by small factors, that Brighton goal against Arsenal, two penalties for Watford, West Ham win against Chelsea. Ofcourse Watford mini run at Christmas.

Us and Bournemouth didn’t have anything remarkable apart from our last minute goal against Watford. It’s up to us to do what Watford done last Christmas. Let’s just put Palace to the sword and see what can we do. A win would give some confidence going to Everton. 
I won’t get my expectations high, but let’s play as we’ve done earlier the season.
Watford were bad, yet had a good second have against Newcastle. 

• Like 2

If's and But's (updated)

Yesterday has really hurt us, but it's still not over.

Everything now depends on today's result against Crystal Palace. Only a win will do.

Watford to draw to Newcastle - win ❎

West Ham to beat Norwich ✅

Bournemouth to lose to Leicester

Aston Villa to beat Crystal Palace

16 - West Ham - 34 points

17 - Watford - 34 points

18 - Aston Villa - 30 points

19 - Bournemouth - 28 points

This is the first time I’ve opened this thread in months, and I honestly thought that everyone in here would be discussing next season in the Championship.

I’d be amazed if we pull it off, but fair play for those still hopeful. As soon as I saw the Watford score I thought that was us done.

I don’t mind, I enjoy a good rebuild and a season fighting for promotion 👌

I’d say we have something like 2% chance of surviving.

You can’t just look at how many points we need, you have to take into account our horrendous form. It’s ok to say 2/3 wins out of 4 and we might be ok but we don’t look like scoring a single goal at the moment, leaking goals at the back, confidence is shot to bits and fitness and commitment are non-existent.

12 hours ago, John said:

If we won 2 and drew one then chances are our goal difference would be improved by at least 1 goal. If Watford lost all 3 and one of them was City then you would hope their GD would take a hit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d say we have something like 2% chance of surviving.

You can’t just look at how many points we need, you have to take into account our horrendous form. It’s ok to say 2/3 wins out of 4 and we might be ok but we don’t look like scoring a single goal at the moment, leaking goals at the back, confidence is shot to bits and fitness and commitment are non-existent.

image.jpeg.fd0bf2467b38f7773ea38569a7dd56f2.jpeg

• Like 1

Let's try again:

Everton 1-2 Villa
West Ham 2-0 Watford

Villa 0-1 Arsenal
Watford 0-3 Man. City

Arsenal 2-1 Watford
West Ham 1-1 Villa

I think with that we stay up on 34 points and goals scored.

We must beat Everton given what they produced today and also West Ham beating Watford makes far more sense than the other two possible results as they'd be on the beach for final day.

There's still a chance.

• Like 1