Relegation thread

Knutserov13

So it turns out we’re still in it, still fighting going into the Everton game. Where are the bed wetters calling for heads to roll? Where are you? The much derided Trezeguet has just scored a brace to win a game, I’m expecting to see much love on the Trezeguet page. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm not sure why people were writing us off, we're still in this, just the lay out of the fixtures was always going to give us this deficit to overcome. The hardest part is the physiological aspect of being adrift but hopefully the win and clean sheet gives us the confidence to at least make a fight of it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Where are the bed wetters calling for heads to roll? Where are you?

We are all excited to see Villa win.

You need to stop this non sense thinking there is an agenda and thinking some fans hope to see Villa to lose.

That's ridiculous. We all want to stay up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

You need to stop this non sense thinking there is an agenda and thinking some fans hope to see Villa to lose.

It’s known deep down, we’re all Villa fans we just have different opinions on what the right thing to do is, though the “better” fans aren’t going to miss a chance to score some internet points.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Beat Everton. Draw with Arsenal and the West Ham will suddenly become very interesting.

Could easily take it to the last day with two draws although it would mean we'd then have to beat West Ham.

We're not the type of team who can scrap out draws though otherwise we'd have done it much more this season so I'd rather we go all out like today, hopefully get the first goal v Everton and take things from there.

This win does feel like 3-4 games too late but there's still hope and that's the most important thing.

We really need West Ham to beat Watford for a few reasons. Don't understand anyone wanting that to be a draw. Watford could easily lose their last three so then 34 points is the target.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I'm not sure why people were writing us off, we're still in this, just the lay out of the fixtures was always going to give us this deficit to overcome. The hardest part is the physiological aspect of being adrift but hopefully the win and clean sheet gives us the confidence to at least make a fight of it. 

Just seen we're playing first next week. Watford-West Ham isn't until the Friday evening. Huge chance given the form Everton are in although the worry is Ancelotti will change shape and a few of the players and DS won't respond.

If we go into the West Ham game still in it, it might be in our own hands depending on how Watford and Westt Ham do. Either we relegate West Ham, which is my preferred option, or Watford fail to beat Arsenal on the last day. Watford also have to play City in that time who have already put 8 past them this season.

Edited by Keyblade

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d say we have something like 2% chance of surviving.

You can’t just look at how many points we need, you have to take into account our horrendous form. It’s ok to say 2/3 wins out of 4 and we might be ok but we don’t look like scoring a single goal at the moment, leaking goals at the back, confidence is shot to bits and fitness and commitment are non-existent.

It's 16% now. 🥳🥳

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Completely agreed .the original post is very bizarre. 

If we play well, like against Palace then we can get results against Everton and West Ham.

As has been said if can beat Everton the pressure is on Watford.

There was a lot of pressure on Villa today, we did well.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 2

After Watford and West Ham both played and beat Norwich which gave us a scare, their next 2 games are playing each other, where at least one of them will drop points, and then the 2 Manchester clubs respectively the following week. Pretty much the opposite. We need to capitalize on this.

Edited by Keyblade

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We really need West Ham to beat Watford for a few reasons. Don't understand anyone wanting that to be a draw. Watford could easily lose their last three so then 34 points is the target.

Interestingly enough, West Ham beating Watford is the only result that would mean overtaking either of those two sides is out of our own hands.

Assuming, as we must, that we beat Everton, then if Watford beat or draw with West Ham, we would have to match the latter’s result against Man Utd in our game against Arsenal and then win on the last day to stay up.

Whereas if West Ham beat Watford it’s out of our hands to catch both. West Ham would probably be safe on the last day, though not necessarily.

In conclusion, I’m not sure what to conclude. Probably a draw is the best result, since it gives us the best chance of catching both/either of West Ham and Watford. It also matters little to the various scenarios if West Ham get either 0 or 1 points in that match, so it’s better for Watford to get 1 than 3 then. As long as we’re prepared for a final day shootout vs West Ham.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2

Just now, AvonVillain said:

7 points from these games? Would it be enough??

I think so.

But even so. Even if we go down. To finish a season on 37 points is respectable. Would make me more forgiving about going down.

Typical Villa to keep the hope and heart wrench alive. I saw aggression and fight today, incredible what a goal does for confidence, we suddenly looked a good team again!

Also, this goes to show that this "All the players are shite" excuse shouldn't wash. They may not be great, but they are nowhere near as bad as our position suggests - they can play when it's right!.

Better decisions from Deano over the course of the season would probably have secured us a few more points. Beat Everton and I'll subject myself to the pain of believing again. Happy overall today though, I have forgotten the feeling of scoring and winning. UTV!

FYI I'm happy for Deano as well, just because I criticise doesn't mean I don't like him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3