Relegation thread

Knutserov13

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Still unlikely that the GD is overturned, unless you’re just assuming that Man City won 5-0 again.

There are good arguments for every result in the Watford vs West Ham match (worst outcome a Watford win, though still not a disaster), I reckon a draw is ideal and others think a West Ham win would be. The fact that we can actually have this discussion probably means it doesn’t really matter that much.

I think it's possible. There's only 6 goals in it and we've scored more than them so would finish above if the GD was equal. If Watford are losing their last three then that's at least 3 goals closer to us and then you add in us winning at least one game so that's a 4 goal swing straight away. Need to make sure if we lose one game it's not 3-0 like the other night. You'd like to think Man. City would be capable of sticking 4-5 past Watford, they did it v Brighton.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think it's possible. There's only 6 goals in it and we've scored more than them so would finish above if the GD was equal. If Watford are losing their last three then that's at least 3 goals closer to us and then you add in us winning at least one game so that's a 4 goal swing straight away. Need to make sure if we lose one game it's not 3-0 like the other night. You'd like to think Man. City would be capable of sticking 4-5 past Watford, they did it v Brighton.

What was the score in the cup final last year? 6-0? They’re capable of sticking more than 4-5 past them. Watford are at home though. 

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Hoping for a West Ham win because they're actually a good team. I don't see them losing all they're remaining games. But also because it looks like the best outcome. Watford have City and Arsenal after West Ham which is a good bet for 0 points. By which point West Ham will be on the beach on the last day and could gift us 3 points (they're awful when they're not up for it). Going into the final day against West Ham with them needing a result would be horrible.

if we go to  west ham needing a win to stay up i would take that ! 

The west ham watford game is massive  But we still have to get something at both Everton and Arsenal   - who knows !!!!

14 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

What was the score in the cup final last year? 6-0? They’re capable of sticking more than 4-5 past them. Watford are at home though. 

Completely forgot about the cup final. Man. City do seem to hammer Watford everytime they play although it would be typical for them to have another Southampton game when they can't score.

Anyway their results at Watford since Guardiola came in:

0-5

0-6

1-2

7 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

if we go to  west ham needing a win to stay up i would take that ! 

The west ham watford game is massive  But we still have to get something at both Everton and Arsenal   - who knows !!!!

If West Ham beat Watford we probably won't need to beat Arsenal. A draw would probably see us safe when it's all said and done. We definitely need at least 4 points from Everton and West Ham though and I would prefer that game to be as easy as possible, so as much as I hate them, I hope West Ham are safe by then.

• Like 2

Big result today but at the end of the day we still need to win at Everton which is a big ask. Even Bournemouth might beat Leicester later on as there not in a great run of form. Lots of twists and turns and we’ve given ourselves a punchers chance.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's too easy to blame it on Crystal Palace being at the "beach"

Burnley had nothing to play for yet they beat West Ham.

We played well today.

Who cares I hope Everton, Arsenal and West Ham are on the beach too. 

It's that Arsenal game I worry about... against Watford. They can be brilliant one game and horrific the next. You don't need me to explain which way around this pattern might fall.

*edit* though at least Arsenal are at home, and will want to give the piped-in fans something to cheer.

Edited by AvonVillain

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If West Ham beat Watford we probably won't need to beat Arsenal. A draw would probably see us safe when it's all said and done. We definitely need at least 4 points from Everton and West Ham though and I would prefer that game to be as easy as possible, so as much as I hate them, I hope West Ham are safe by then.

Yeah, logically you have to hope that West Ham are safe by the final game, so they turn up with no motivation and we can play out a draw.

(Personally I expect us to lose to Everton and Arsenal anyway, since I'm an eternal pessimist).

• Like 1

Our goal difference is only four goals worse off than Watford, wouldn't take the most unlikely set of results for us to overtake them by gaining just four points...

If they were to lose to West Ham 2-1, Man City 4-0, and Arsenal 2-0, and we were to draw with Everton 1-1, lose to Arsenal 3-1, and beat West Ham 2-1...

Then we'd finisih above them.

• Like 1