Relegation thread

Knutserov13

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Let me put it another way, if our goal difference was 15 better than Watfords and Bournemouths would anyone think we are still in a relegation fight going into the last day? hand on heart..

and on top of that imagine Watford were also 3 points behind.

I would. It’s not over till it’s over. We have a job to do, yet. Could be many twists and turns. 

I am still reeling from the fact that Moyes has kept West Ham up and above us. Its like my entire world view has to change. If Moyes is a competent manager then what colour is the sky in this new world?  

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You trying to say those 19 year old Fenchmen don't respect 1982?

oh no no, im sure their french mothers sang them the Villa 1982 lullaby in their cribs 😜

• Haha 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Good player but that’s an outrageous salary 

I was about to reply with the same thing.  An obscene amount of money.  It makes me want to :puke:

• Like 1

Going to be a tough Sunday

The games tonight in the Championship show that there could be many twists and turns ahead. 

Pressure is a funny thing. We've been dead and nearly buried for 3 games but now we're suddenly in the better position. 

What was it someone said. Its easier to chase than be chased? Look at Brentford. Fell to pieces when they got ahead of the boggies.

God i'm dreading Sunday. Might take some night nurse and sleep through the afternoon! 

Edited by Xela
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

West Ham with nothing to play for on Sunday now. That should be a good thing right? 

Ideal result, imo. Gives them safety but not the confidence boost they would have gotten had they beat ManU at Old Trafford.

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

The games tonight in the Championship show that there could be many twists and turns ahead. 

Pressure is a funny thing. We've been dead and nearly buried for 3 games but now we're suddenly in the better position. 

What was it someone said. Its easier to chase than be chased? Look at Brentford. Fell to pieces when they got ahead of the boggies.

God i'm dreading Sunday. Might take some night nurse and sleep through the afternoon! 

Nah, not buying that tbf. Would much rather be in the position we are in than Watford or Bournemouth. 

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nah, not buying that tbf. Would much rather be in the position we are in than Watford or Bournemouth. 

Yeah but there's more pressure on us now, we're "expected" to stay up, Bournemouth just need to go out and give it a go, if they lose 8-0 trying for it then hey, at least they tried. Same for Watford. But for us, we could lose and stay up but if we get spanked Watford could lose and still overtake us.

If its 0-0 going into the last 10 minutes and Bournemouth are winning and Watford drawing what do we do? Stick or twist? In that scenario playing out the draw means a Watford goal relegates us, but if we push on for the winner and get hit on the break that will see Bournemouth overtake us. The other teams know that they just have to go for it and what will be will be, whereas there are many different scenarios that could see us drop still and that'll put far more pressure on our players especially the later in the day it gets without a resolution 

In short, let's hope that 20 minutes in on Sunday we're 3-0 up, Watford and Bournemouth are both 3-0 down, there's no tension and the games play out super boring and predictable 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could you see us beating Arsenal?

I thought we could get a result from Arsenal because they are like Jekyll and Hide, I just feared a final game decider. I've seen us usually choke up on the big occasion, plus West Ham have picked up some decent results recently

7 points from our last three games we have  players in form at last so confident that we can pull off a win against a west ham team who have nothing to play for

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

They never got ahead.

• Like 2