Generic Virus Thread

villakram

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

Interview from five experts in the virus field , very enlightening and worrying to listen to this rather than the governments cloak and mirrors report  covid report 8-420

Nah it's all smoke and daggers

That said - that report has some heft.

Also

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nah it's all smoke and daggers

That said - that report has some heft.

Also

The US are currently actually doing pretty well on a per capita basis (could obviously change over time).

I think they also have the highest number of ICU beds of any country in the world which presumably would help.

Its too soon to be making calls about who has done well and who hasn’t. We’re not really going to know until after the fact.

Edit: Trump has not helped their cause. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

The Times:

Coronavirus: MPs given extra £10,000 each for home working expenses

Thursday April 09 2020, 12.01am, The Times

The extra money comes on top of the existing office budget of about £26,000 a year per MP

MPs have been offered an extra £10,000 each to support them while they work from home during the coronavirus pandemic.

The extra budget can be used to buy equipment such as laptops and printers for MPs and their staff, or to cover additional electricity, heating and phone bills. 

EVJQ7-2U8AY12OX?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Awol said:

You can still do the lottery online, easy money. 

That Lib Dem vote was because your local Tory was pro EU right? 

May I add - are you confident that Dominic 'where is Dover' Raab will deliver the ventilators?

Also - when EMILY MAITLIS is delivering sentences that resonate with the entire country - and the government is doing the exact opposite - well....

Edited by Jareth
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

@Awol But the Tories have a large majority! Tell me Boris is going to turn down the chance of a lifetime to deflect blame.

ehhhh

I think this just shows how deeply unpopular Corbyn was more than anything else. 

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

ehhhh

I think this just shows how deeply unpopular Corbyn was more than anything else. 

I’d say even his own side realise Boris has f**ked the dog on this 

Edited by Jareth

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

@Awol But the Tories have a large majority! Tell me Boris is going to turn down the chance of a lifetime to deflect blame.

Boris is going to turn down the chance of a lifetime to deflect blame. 

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Boris is going to turn down the chance of a lifetime to deflect blame. 

And even if he wasn't going to (and obviously you're right, he is) what is in it for Starmer / Labour? 

I can't imagine it'll play too well with the membership if one of the new leader's first acts is to join a Conservative government.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

And even if he wasn't going to (and obviously you're right, he is) what is in it for Starmer / Labour? 

I can't imagine it'll play too well with the membership if one of the new leader's first acts is to join a Conservative government.

On the other hand, it could be spun as "not putting partisan politics aside during a global crisis". Hard to tell how it'll play out.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That ones gone over my head mate.

There was an evangelical Christian preacher in London selling 'holy' oil, that he claimed would cure the virus. Fortunately, the word removed has been busted. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There was an evangelical Christian preacher in London selling 'holy' oil, that he claimed would cure the virus. Fortunately, the word removed has been busted. 

Shocking isn’t it. Hopefully he’s struck off , or should I say struck down.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â