Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Tenants Super? Jesus Christ leemond that’s pretty desperate. I’d rather drink rat piss.

I was gunna get some Special Brew but that is only 7.5% so there ain't no point, the Tennent Super is only 8% these days, its actually quite a pleasant drink as long as you keep it cold and sip it rather than bollock it straight out of the can, always preferred the Special Brew though...might get myself another can tomorrow...if I revert back to being a functional alcoholic would that class as an essential shop?

I'm running low on rum as well

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I was gunna get some Special Brew but that is only 7.5% so there ain't no point, the Tennent Super is only 8% these days, its actually quite a pleasant drink as long as you keep it cold and sip it rather than bollock it straight out of the can, always preferred the Special Brew though...might get myself another can tomorrow...if I revert back to being a functional alcoholic would that class as an essential shop?

To quote myself, I'm currently drinking pineapple rum that my mate left round here last time he came, from what I can remember it was **** horrible but I drank half of the bottle that night so it can't have been that bad, not a fan of these novelty rums rums though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

To quote myself, I'm currently drinking pineapple rum that my mate left round here last time he came, from what I can remember it was **** horrible but I drank half of the bottle that night so it can't have been that bad, not a fan of these novelty rums rums though

to quote myself again, yep its **** horrid, **** me....gotta get this one down me though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Rather you than me mate. Stella was strong enough for me. 

I might have posted this earlier  but I dunno, anyways, I only shave once every couple of months anyway, I have though, made a promise not to shave until the lock down in over, think it was back at the start of Feb that I last shaved.

I'm not a groomer I just leave it to grow until I look like an out and out tramp and then I chop it off, if this lock down goes on for a few more months it'll be interesting beard wise at least

Grauniad:

Fears have resurfaced about the ability of coronavirus to surge again after lockdowns are eased, as Singapore confirmed a sharp rise in new infections.

One of the worst-hit countries when the virus first spread from China in January, Singapore’s strict surveillance and quarantine regime helped slow the outbreak, but recent rises in locally transmitted cases have raised fresh concerns. Singapore reported 142 new infections on Wednesday.

Forty of the new cases were linked to foreign worker dormitories. Tens of thousands of blue-collar foreign workers live in close quarters in the city state.

Countries around the globe are grappling with the complex logistics of when and how to loosen lockdown restrictions to allow economies to recover while also avoiding a second major outbreak.

...more

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Did this spring to mind because of the John Prine cover on the same album?

No pure unfortunate coincidence that one.

It’s a favourite album anyway, I knew that picture was on the YouTube version and I knew the context of the song.

"The Old Purple Tin (9% of Pure Heaven)" is about Tennent's Super, a 9% a.b.v. Scottish beer that comes in a purple can, which makes its consumers appear purple when aged and weathered, and thus deserves its reputation for being the drink of choice of the vagrant.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Anyone else growing a quarantine beard?

No , the Houseparty chat I did last night suggests I’m in a minority of one with this though 

it was like a chat room with hobos ,serial killers and third rate footballers with all the beards on view 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

No , the Houseparty chat I did last night suggests I’m in a minority of one with this though 

it was like a chat room with hobos ,serial killers and third rate footballers with all the beards on view 

Normally pretty slack about shaving but it’s every morning now, only to get a daily routine going. Need a haircut though, more greys than I’d realised!

28 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Did this spring to mind because of the John Prine cover on the same album?

Weirdly, minutes after that little exchange, up pops a picture of Larry Love of A3, fanboying with John Prine.

92457758_10159561031192589_2163982794932

• Like 2

Â