Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Completely agree with this. People are ALREADY beginning to go out and about like usual. In 2 weeks it will be worse. 

I live next to a busy cross roads on the way into Leicester. For around 4 days everything was quiet. Now everything is going back to normal. 

Im personally happy for "over the top" restrictions, policing and penalties as long as it brings the date we can go back to normal closer. 

It really grates me that my kids are stuck in our small house, but some selfish **** think it's OK to go out and about as normal. This will only increase the time that most people will live under restrictions.

Yep. A couple who live 3 doors up from me go out couple of times a day with their dogs, a bike ride and in and out all day in the car. It’s like very long bank holiday for a lot of people.

So many people on social media posting pictures of their big walks in the country or along canals.

I personally didn’t think the “stay at home, save lives” message was that hard to understand or to adhere to. TV, internet, games consoles, food, drink etc etc. It could not be easier to do something for your friends, family and country. Just stay in the **** house.

936 today. Over a thousand a day soon? 
We’ll end up with the worst death toll in Europe I reckon. 

Maybe the cheerleading press will stop suggesting we’ve handled this well then. Probably not. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Completely agree with this. People are ALREADY beginning to go out and about like usual. In 2 weeks it will be worse. 

I live next to a busy cross roads on the way into Leicester. For around 4 days everything was quiet. Now everything is going back to normal. 

Im personally happy for "over the top" restrictions, policing and penalties as long as it brings the date we can go back to normal closer. 

It really grates me that my kids are stuck in our small house, but some selfish **** think it's OK to go out and about as normal. This will only increase the time that most people will live under restrictions.

and if we all act like them then this will only get worse. Whats the answer? People are just ignoring the fines. They don't care, 

31 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Well I'm working from home and I'm on my second can of Tennents super...one can only imagine it's a slippery slope from here.

Got to drink whatever you can get your hands on, it's a pandemic after all. 

I do think the controls need to be tighter. I honestly think that some people are seeing it as a game to try to outwit the system. They dont seem to understand that the virus doesnt care how smart and sneaky you re getting around big brothers rules.

Im with yer man above, i'm totally willing to snitch on my neighbours if they are being smartarses and not staying indoors. hell ill even photograph the buggers. turns out im a bit of a snidey wee sod :D

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

Well I'm working from home and I'm on my second can of Tennents super...one can only imagine it's a slippery slope from here.

**** yeah. This is the Leemond we want. Lets have the utterly random shit posted in the early hours again. 

• Like 1

i guess the thing we don't know is are the total number of deaths any higher. Averaged out over the year (i know not the most scientific method as more people will die in winter) around 1600 die in the UK every day. Are these 500/700/900 daily corona deaths actually making any/much difference to that? Today we have a record 900 or so but is that 900 + 100 without any signs of covid-19, if so that's actually a pretty good day, 900+500 without, if so thats probably about average but if it's 900+ 1600 then it is rather grim

Edited by LakotaDakota

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe the cheerleading press will stop suggesting we’ve handled this well then. Probably not. 

America and ourselves are starting to look terrible. What a shock the two biggest joke leaders in the world are the two killing thousands with their stupidity and incompetence. 

But Brexit eh lads!!!

Edited by DCJonah

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

America and ourselves are starting to look terrible. What a shock the two biggest joke leaders in the world are the two killing hundreds with their stupidity and incompetence. 

But Brexit eh lads!!!

America has a population twice the size of the UK, Italy & Spain combined, If they were getting 5000+ deaths per day it would barely even equal the same sort of deaths per million population of 3 of the "worst" countries

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd imagine population density plays a part as well. Of all the big counties in Europe (over 50m), we have the highest population density, especially in England, more so than the rest of the UK. 

With a highly contagious virus and the highest density of any mass populated country in Europe, it always going to end up in a bad way. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

America has a population twice the size of the UK, Italy & Spain combined, If they were getting 5000+ deaths per day it would barely even equal the same sort of deaths per million population of 3 of the "worst" countries

Let's see the state they are in down the line. I think they will be one of the worst.

29 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Yeah but brexit! 

Is it fair to say that in the next week or 2 the majority of the people that have the coronavirus (not including key workers) will be the people that ignored the rules?

Or is that way too simplistic?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

America and ourselves are starting to look terrible. What a shock the two biggest joke leaders in the world are the two killing thousands with their stupidity and incompetence. 

But Brexit eh lads!!!

I don't think being an active member of the EU would have made a difference in this situation. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't think being an active member of the EU would have made a difference in this situation. 

No my point is people voted for these words removed to get Brexit done. Hope its worth the price we end up paying. 

Â