Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Everyone is ill at the minute, whether it’s covid or not. Completely surrounded by it currently so know it’s going to get me soon. Daughter is on antibiotics and my 4 month old now has what appears to be conjunctivitis. Loads of other family seem to have colds/flu as well. Ughhhhhh

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not exactly. 

After 2 years of little mixing the Cold and Flu season is supercharged. 

Not sure if science supports this, but it does feel that way - not sure how much having various coldlike viruses protects against the next iteration at all, might just be coincidence?

Either way, we called my parents today to let them know we weren't going to come because we've got covid, they laughed; they'd just tested positive for it too. And my partner's family. We've all actually tested - in my team at work about half of them or their families have the symptoms but don't have access to the tests.

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not sure if science supports this, but it does feel that way - not sure how much having various coldlike viruses protects against the next iteration at all, might just be coincidence?

Either way, we called my parents today to let them know we weren't going to come because we've got covid, they laughed; they'd just tested positive for it too. And my partner's family. We've all actually tested - in my team at work about half of them or their families have the symptoms but don't have access to the tests.

I've seen various reports with doctors warning this is going to be a much worse winter for illness because of lack of mixing over the last 2 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I've seen various reports with doctors warning this is going to be a much worse winter for illness because of lack of mixing over the last 2 years. 

Yeah read this. Something to do with our immune systems bring weakened due to not mixing and wearing masks. Is it coincidence I never had a second vaccination and rarely wore a mask (unless in emclosed space or asked) and I seem to be the only one in my family and social group who hasn't been ill.........yet.

Kick in the vaccination conspiracy, it making everyone susceptible to other viruses.

For **** sake. 

Having a Covid vaccine will protect you from Covid. It will have zero effect on the chances of you catching anything else. That sort of shit talk drives me insane. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah read this. Something to do with our immune systems bring weakened due to not mixing and wearing masks. Is it coincidence I never had a second vaccination and rarely wore a mask (unless in emclosed space or asked) and I seem to be the only one in my family and social group who hasn't been ill.........yet.

Why did you not bother having the second & third dose of the Covid vaccine?

On 23/12/2022 at 20:20, foreveryoung said:

One shits for sure, this virus was here at least 6 months before people in the UK were talking about it. My pal at work who does triathlons, super fit,  never known him I'll, was nearly admitted to hospital with breathing problems, diagnosed by his doctor as heavy flu. To this day he said he has never experienced illness like it, that was March. I may have caught it off him at that time, flu I just couldn't get rid of for like 3-4 weeks.

I agree withyou. My parents came back frim new york a month before covid was being taken seriously. They were terribly ill. They had all the symptoms of covid 

On 24/12/2022 at 12:05, Tayls said:

Everyone is ill at the minute, whether it’s covid or not. Completely surrounded by it currently so know it’s going to get me soon. Daughter is on antibiotics and my 4 month old now has what appears to be conjunctivitis. Loads of other family seem to have colds/flu as well. Ughhhhhh

Here we go! Confirmed. 
myself and the baby are running fevers and are congested. Feel absolute trash. 

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, Tayls said:

Here we go! Confirmed. 
myself and the baby are running fevers and are congested. Feel absolute trash. 

I feel a bit rough this morning. It’s too early to tell if it’s a virus related, or the decision to knock back a few Stellas last night after a variety of wines throughout the day…

Well it finally got me, the word removed.

Got a sore throat middle of Christmas and was in bed Boxing Day in a lot of pain across all my muscles and my head. Eased off a bit last two days but still coughing, dizzy, short of breath etc so finally did a test and it was the most confident positive I've ever seen.

Annoyed at myself for not testing straight away as I've been in contact with people since getting ill.  Previously I've been testing every time I get a cold.

I guess that's what happens when they charge a tenner a pop for the tests.

• Sad 3

33 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Well it finally got me, the word removed.

Got a sore throat middle of Christmas and was in bed Boxing Day in a lot of pain across all my muscles and my head. Eased off a bit last two days but still coughing, dizzy, short of breath etc so finally did a test and it was the most confident positive I've ever seen.

The things people will do to get out of washing up the Christmas dinner plates ;) 

Get well soon fella. It finally got me a few months ago. 

• Like 1

Â