Generic Virus Thread

villakram

My daughter (10) had her flu vaccine nasal spray on Monday afternoon and has been quite poorly since. Came home from school sick on Tuesday and has been off yesterday and today. 

She has had it before but this time it has really disagreed with her 😞 

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

My daughter (10) had her flu vaccine nasal spray on Monday afternoon and has been quite poorly since. Came home from school sick on Tuesday and has been off yesterday and today. 

She has had it before but this time it has really disagreed with her 😞 

Or it's a coincidence

• Like 1

What’s the craic with Doctor John Cambell on YouTube ?  He’s been a constant in giving out information during the whole pandemic . It seems he’s turning more against the vaccines now, rather than in support of them like he initially was .

Edited by Rugeley Villa

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What’s the craic with Doctor John Cambell on YouTube ?  He’s been a constant in giving out information during the whole pandemic . It seems he’s turning more against the vaccines now, rather than in support of them like he initially was .

He started as a fairly reasonable commentator on the pandemic, but has gone off the deep end into conspiracy shit.

I'd guess there's a correlation between his thoughts and what's good for viewership.

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He started as a fairly reasonable commentator on the pandemic, but has gone off the deep end into conspiracy shit.

I'd guess there's a correlation between his thoughts and what's good for viewership.

Yes, I followed him for a bit then stopped watching. Then noticed a few of his videos popping up which were going against the norm in which he initially set out.   If he actually has stats to back it up then fair enough , but I don’t know if he does . If not, then wrong to spread information that’s not totally true. I think he’s had a warning or two .

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yes, I followed him for a bit then stopped watching. Then noticed a few of his videos popping up which were going against the norm in which he initially set out.   If he actually has stats to back it up then fair enough , but I don’t know if he does . If not, then wrong to spread information that’s not totally true. I think he’s had a warning or two .

He went down the rabbit hole of misinterpreting reports/studies in the same way a lot of the conspiracy guys did. In turn that helped sustain his presence, putting money in his pocket, and round and round it goes.

It should also be noted he's not a medical doctor. He has some medical knowledge, but his background is training nurses. That doesn't mean he knows the ins and outs of virology, medical studies etc. But as he's marketed himself as a doctor, people think he's an expert in these fields. He's not.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Dan Wootton is a bad-faith clearing in the woods. His whole schtick is to wind up people who want to be wound up.

Im not interested in what his opinion is though more of what teh aubject is about.

Bailey raised a good point about the WHO having massive influence on our health care and other countries

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Imagine that, the World Health Organisation having an effect on our health care. What next the World Wildlife Fund having an effect on our wild animals?

Woudlnt u prefer our own country to have control of our own healthcare??

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, bickster said:

No because that isn't what the WHO is, it doesn't control our health care, it informs and advises us and the rest of the world on the best approaches to diseases etc

You appear tio be fiollowing a very strange narrative where the WHO is a maignant organisation, for all it's faults it is there for the good of mankind. It is not a demon. It gets things wrong, yes but thats it.

The WHO has no power over any of our healthcare, to believe that it has is tin foil hat time.

We and all other contries make our own decisions, we take the WHO advice (and other bodies advice too) into account when making healthcare decisions. We have complete autonomy over our decisions (or our governments do)

at present they dont but they sare slowly increasing their influence in health care all over the world. I dont like the thought of potentially a single organisation dictating our health care.

We should ourselves be in control of our own healthcare.

The WHOs influence is increasing thats all im saying. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The WHO is essentially a very big advisory body. It doesn't have much power, it simply sits as a supranational body providing guidance, insight, best practice etc on health matters that affect large numbers of people across borders.

The WHO isn't dictating anything. It's predominate role is in providing advice. It's up to countries what they do with that advice.

The other things it's got involved with, like directing the efforts in mass vaccinations to assist with global health, have been pretty universally well received - smallpox wouldn't be extinct without their efforts, polio would be far worse, malaria worse, AIDS worse.

This push to demonise them is bizarre.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The WHO is essentially a very big advisory body. It doesn't have much power, it simply sits as a supranational body providing guidance, insight, best practice etc on health matters that affect large numbers of people across borders.

The WHO isn't dictating anything. It's predominate role is in providing advice. It's up to countries what they do with that advice.

The other things it's got involved with, like directing the efforts in mass vaccinations to assist with global health, have been pretty universally well received - smallpox wouldn't be extinct without their efforts, polio would be far worse, malaria worse, AIDS worse.

This push to demonise them is bizarre.

Haven't demonised them at all. Strong language used there

Â