Generic Virus Thread

villakram

14 minutes ago, Chine said:

Both the kids are students , Mrs is a secondary school teacher and I coach youth football to large groups up to 5 x a week ,we didn’t do a great deal of mixing with people while we were away as we needed a break , lots of passing people on the ferry , kids in the pool and playing football etc . The one group I coach has 4 players with covid atm 2 of which have returned from holiday with it , it’s rife already just in time for the kids to go back to school

Thing is, people aren't staying at home with it anymore. One of my friends had it recently, but (perhaps understandably) went ahead with his holiday, eating in restaurants, etc., which did strike me as slightly irresponsible. It's true that it's quite bearable for most of us now, and most people are vaccinated, but you do worry about the immunocompromised, etc. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right, some digging. Thats a man called Aaron Rodgers, he is an american footballer who recently tore his achilles. Previously he has been susceptible to conspiracy theories and is a fan of alternative medicine. He is anti covid vaccination.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Right, some digging. Thats a man called Aaron Rodgers, he is an american footballer who recently tore his achilles. Previously he has been susceptible to conspiracy theories and is a fan of alternative medicine. He is anti covid vaccination.

Yep, just saw the other replies asking questions.  You’ve summed it up, and it doesn’t sound really wacky but if you follow him you’ll know how wacky it has really been.

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

He is anti covid vaccination

In his defence, he said he was allergic to substances in the mnra vaccine and the alternative was the J&J one but that got pulled. So he had few alternatives. Thats his story. Make of it what you will.

Even if he was anti vax and his opinions don't share my own im not gonna take satisfaction if he has a injury or died from it. 

Its like a an anti vaxxer getting satisfaction of someone dying from a reaction to a covid vaccine

I think its time to move on from all this 

Im glad its all over

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

what do you mean?

Thickos will no doubt stop vaccinating their children from everything bringing a return of illnesses that have been previously eradicated (like TB, Polio, Dipheria etc).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Thickos will no doubt stop vaccinating their children from everything bringing a return of illnesses that have been previously eradicated (like TB, Polio, Dipheria etc).

It's already happening. 

This anti science movement will have us back in the dark ages. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, sidcow said:

It's already happening. 

This anti science movement will have us back in the dark ages. 

I can already picture the scenes with them pleading with doctors to save their kids who are seriously ill. Like those unvaccinated with covid in intensive care were doing. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

Like those unvaccinated with covid in intensive care were doing. 

Yep. As I posted back at the height of the madness, my hospital doctor neighbour said it seriously tested her adherence to the Hippocratic oath. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

Wow is that actually happening people are refusing the vaccinating their kids for TB and polio?? 

Jesus

Blame the Internet 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow is that actually happening people are refusing the vaccinating their kids for TB and polio?? 

Jesus

Blame the Internet 

Vaccination is now a dirty word in those circles. Doesn’t matter what it is. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Â