Generic Virus Thread

villakram

seems to be back

Know a load of people with it, and I've been ill for a week now. But I've tested negative 4 times.

But for me to be ill for a week (with this washed out feeling) it has to be right?

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Still never knowingly had it

Same.  Unless I had a bout a few weeks before it really got known about, or I've had one for the forms so mild you wouldn't really know, I've not had it.

Still recovering from my 3rd time, got it 7 weeks ago (though  was followed  by a nasty nursery derived cold that turned into a chest infection). First time was awful (Mar 2020,  took a couple of months to recover properly), second  time was short and sharp but OK. This time I still feel a bit of a wreck.  

I resent the symptomless bastards and long for a return to accessible vaccines. 

Given  swine flu also took me out pretty quickly, it's  safe to say that I wouldn't  last beyond the first 5 minutes of any pandemic based disaster film. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Still recovering from my 3rd time, got it 7 weeks ago (though  was followed  by a nasty nursery derived cold that turned into a chest infection). First time was awful (Mar 2020,  took a couple of months to recover properly), second  time was short and sharp but OK. This time I still feel a bit of a wreck.  

I resent the symptomless bastards and long for a return to accessible vaccines. 

Given  swine flu also took me out pretty quickly, it's  safe to say that I wouldn't  last beyond the first 5 minutes of any pandemic based disaster film. 

Doubt if I’d make it as far as the opening credits

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

it's  safe to say that I wouldn't  last beyond the first 5 minutes of any pandemic based disaster film. 

I’m probably at the more committed end of prepping but I already have a skin suit and a Cardiff City top, so I can walk among the undead should the worst ever happen.

• Like 1

Has there been any research in to how and why some people can have jobs such as mine and Bicks’ and haven’t got covid yet? I mean during the actual lockdowns and darkest days of covid my job had me mixing with a lot of people and staying away in hotels at least once a week. Given my ability to pick up about 6 sniffly colds every winter, why didn’t I get covid?

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Has there been any research in to how and why some people can have jobs such as mine and Bicks’ and haven’t got covid yet? I mean during the actual lockdowns and darkest days of covid my job had me mixing with a lot of people and staying away in hotels at least once a week. Given my ability to pick up about 6 sniffly colds every winter, why didn’t I get covid?

My brother - surgeon - totally unscathed. Bastard

• Like 1

Â