Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

I had rhinovirus 2 weeks ago, its way worse than covid although I am double jabbed so maybe my immune system had a head start on C19. 

I'm pretty sure I had swineflu back in 2009.  That was the most awful flu-like thing I've ever experienced.  I turned up to work looking like a mess and my cough had people moving to desks further away.  My boss turned up half an hour later and demanded I went home.  Got home, and the rest of the week was just a blur.  He phoned me up on the Friday (I turned up to work on the Monday) and he said "Jesus, you sound terrible".  I wasn't back in work until the following Wednesday and even then he took me aside and said "you probably shouldn't be here".  

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Got my booster yesterday. Arm hurts a bit but no other effects. 

Hopefully this beats off Omicron with a stick should I encounter it. 

Oh wow. 24hrs on and it's really walloped me. Feel like shit. 

Mrs Sidcow is in the office today so it's my turn to cook tea. Spent the last 45 minutes praying she walks through the door to finish it off but no. 

If I eat it won't be much, going to need an early night as well I think. 

Edited by sidcow

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow is in the office today so it's my turn to cook tea. Spent the last 45 minutes praying she walks through the door to finish it off but no. 

If I east it won't be much, going to need an early night as well I think. 

Rest. Lots of rest. Lots of water and go get some cough mixture. Good luck. 

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I eat it won't be much, going to need an early night as well I think. 

You need a few pints of Ruddles down at your local Spoons. 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

You need a few pints of Ruddles down at your local Spoons. 

I used to like Ruddles before Spoons destroyed it ☹️

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Exactly what happened to me (and the missus who had the jab at the same time). Good news: you'll be OK tomorrow. Paracetamol, fluids, early night. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry to bump up this thread but it’s got me from travelling. Feel like shit. But I don’t feel anywhere near as bad when I got it a year ago so hopefully better in a day or too. 

I have absolutely no evidence of this but i think alot of people travel with covid these days. People just seem to just get on with it. Hope you feel better mate and hasnt got you too bad

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have absolutely no evidence of this but i think alot of people travel with covid these days. People just seem to just get on with it. Hope you feel better mate and hasnt got you too bad

Thanks mate, feeling a bit better.

I reckon depends where you are going. Italy there’s no restrictions so if you have it and you don’t feel like complete shit. You’re most likely going to travel when you’ve paid for it.

Its part of life now.

All the metrics are actually falling currently. Number of cases, numbers in hospital and on ventilators, number of deaths all on the downward curve. 

Strange as were certainly in a period where more people are mixing indoors than a couple of months ago. 

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry to bump up this thread but it’s got me from travelling. Feel like shit. But I don’t feel anywhere near as bad when I got it a year ago so hopefully better in a day or too. 

That sucks. Hope you feel better soon chap. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I'm sure I picked it up and no doubt spread it on the shuttle at Gatwick.  I had a sore throat for days before it hit me properly one evening.  I just hope nobody got it too badly as a result.

Â