Generic Virus Thread

villakram

37 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Well it finally got me, the word removed.

Got a sore throat middle of Christmas and was in bed Boxing Day in a lot of pain across all my muscles and my head. Eased off a bit last two days but still coughing, dizzy, short of breath etc so finally did a test and it was the most confident positive I've ever seen.

Annoyed at myself for not testing straight away as I've been in contact with people since getting ill.  Previously I've been testing every time I get a cold.

I guess that's what happens when they charge a tenner a pop for the tests.

£1.49 at Boots and B&M (hope you’re feeling better soon!)

Edited by Genie

16 hours ago, Genie said:

£1.49 at Boots and B&M (hope you’re feeling better soon!)

Now I feel even more guilty!

I'd still got a couple of NHS issue ones at home but was holding onto them to avoid moving onto paid alternatives.  Sort of an "I'll save them until I definitely have Covid" vibe.

I'm a div sometimes.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2022 at 11:49, sharkyvilla said:

I dunno what I've got but the diarrhea and vomit I produced last night will go down in legend.  My first official day on a permanent contract at the airport tomorrow as well, starting at 3am ffs.

How did the shit go?

Sorry, shift. I meant shift.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

How did the shit go?

Sorry, shift. I meant shift.

Had the opposite problem today where I could feel stirring in my gut but no turd was forthcoming.  Luckily it turns out hardly anyone flies on New Year's day morning so I could go hiding for fairly long periods.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

• 1 month later...

I was just in my team meeting and our boss mentioned he has covid and flashed his covid test at the camera. 

One chap in India asked what it was as he’d never seen a test like that before 🤯 He said they don’t have those in India. 

Thought I'd finally succumbed to it the weekend, did a test, negative. Turns out must have been a cold, actually started Thursday, okay Friday then come back with avengeance Saturday night an Sunday, feel better today though thank goodness.

17 hours ago, Genie said:

I was just in my team meeting and our boss mentioned he has covid and flashed his covid test at the camera. 

One chap in India asked what it was as he’d never seen a test like that before 🤯 He said they don’t have those in India. 

That's weird because they certainly have them across the border in Nepal and the markets normally look pretty similar. At least half the stock in a typical Nepali phamarcy is normally imported from India. 

3 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

That's weird because they certainly have them across the border in Nepal and the markets normally look pretty similar. At least half the stock in a typical Nepali phamarcy is normally imported from India. 

Yeah. I couldn’t believe it. Not only had he not used one, he hadn’t even seen one… maybe he’s been living under a rock for 3 years. 

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah. I couldn’t believe it. Not only had he not used one, he hadn’t even seen one… maybe he’s been living under a rock for 3 years. 

He's probably just too cheap to buy a test so never saw one. 

I have an appointment at a pharmacy tomorrow and have been sent this email

Please arrive just in time for your appointment time, to avoid having to wait too long in and around the pharmacy. You’ll be asked to wait in a waiting area where chairs will be spaced two metres apart, to maintain social distancing. Your appointment may take a little longer than previous appointments as staff will need extra time between appointments to clean the consultation room and change their PPE.
Please also:

• Bring your own pen
  • Please come to your appointment alone if possible.
  • Wear a short sleeved top if you’ll be having a vaccination
  • Wear a face mask or covering during your consultation. You can bring your own or use a face mask provided by the pharmacy. The pharmacist will also be wearing a face mask.

I'm desperately hoping at this point that they still haven't bothered changing their email comms rather than them still actually working like this.

But I'm still asked to wait outside in the pissing rain at the vets instead of in the massive waiting area, which at this point I can only assume is because the staff enjoy the peace and quiet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 5 year old daughter has Covid for a second time. Tested positive this morning, with symptoms starting last night. Much worse this time around, she's in been bed crying in pain most of the time. It's really knocked her for six. Last time she had it it was no worse than a cold.

I've still not had it yet, although I think I'll be getting it soon as I've been off with her the last few days whilst the misses has been in work.

• 1 month later...

Went to Spain for 8 nights last Wednesday and on the Monday/Tuesday started to feel a bit rough/run down and congested but put it down to a few late nights and too much drinking and also thought that I may have caught a cold. Got home yesterday and still felt rough so took one of the covid tests still knocking about the house (my wife is a nurse so was given them some time ago) and both me and my wife have tested positive.

I feel bad having flown home unknowingly having it but this is the second time we have both had it (first time Oct 21) but this time symptoms have been different and more cold like being congested/bunged up where as previously I had it a lot worse as it totally wiped me out.

Edited by markavfc40

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Went to Spain for 8 nights last Wednesday and on the Monday/Tuesday started to feel a bit rough/run down and congested but put it down to a few late nights and too much drinking and also thought that I may have caught a cold. Got home yesterday and still felt rough so took one of the covid tests still knocking about the house (my wife is a nurse so was given them some time ago) and both me and my wife have tested positive.

I feel bad having flown home unknowingly having it but this is the second time we have both had it (first time Oct 21) but this time symptoms have been different and more cold like being congested/bunged up where as previously I had it a lot worse as it totally wiped me out.

Exactly the same for me the only time I had it. I was in Spain, last full day and I felt really tired. Morning of travelling home it felt like a cold, my nose was blocked solid.

I really didn’t think it was covid but the wife insisted I did a test when we got home and it was positive.

No cough, no loss of smell or taste, no real high temperature… just a blocked nose.

Edited by Genie

Â