Generic Virus Thread

villakram

A group of young adults held a coronavirus party in Kentucky to defy orders to socially distance. Now one of them has coronavirus

At least one person in Kentucky is infected after taking part at a "coronavirus party" with a group of young adults, Gov. Andy Beshear said Tuesday.

The partygoers intentionally got together "thinking they were invincible" and purposely defying state guidance to practice social distancing, Bashear said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/kentucky-coronavirus-party-infection/index.html

I would say serves them right but as this moron is sure to infect others who will in turn infect others I just feel sad and pissed off.

• Like 1

Families asked to leave hotels due to coronavirus, in apparent defiance of guidance

Hundreds of residents of the budget hotel chain Travelodge, including homeless families housed there by local councils, have been turned out on to the street after it closed its premises.

The chain issued letters to all residents on Tuesday asking them to leave as soon as possible as they were “temporarily closing the hotels until further notice” in the light of the UK government’s extended coronavirus physical distancing guidelines issued on Monday.

This appeared to be in defiance of government guidance issued the same day that said that hotels looking after homeless families who had been placed in temporary accommodation at in hotels should not close.

...more

Assuming it's all correct, this would appear to be as a result of the 'should' that is the central plank to the government's strategy.

Edit:

This is a tweet claiming to be about the letter received.

And this is the tweet re: government guidance.

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Future King Of England, Prince Of Wales (Charlie) now confirmed a case! 

Let’s hope he didn’t visit his mum on Sunday or we might need to reprint all our money. That’s the last thing we need. 

Just in case there's anyone who left who hasn't got the memo that anyone can get this virus, or if there's anyone who still needs to persuade young relatives in denial:

Coronavirus: Briton, 21, with no pre-existing health conditions dies after contracting COVID-19

'A 21-year-old woman is believed to be the youngest person with no pre-existing health conditions to have died after contracting coronavirus in the UK.

Chloe Middleton, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, is believed to have died from COVID-19 on 21 March.

Her mother, Diane Middleton, wrote on Facebook: "To all the people out there that thinks it's just a virus please think again.'

more on link: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-briton-21-with-no-existing-health-conditions-dies-after-contracting-covid-19-11963451

Unbelievably sad.

And maybe it's too soon, it would be useful to know about lifestyle habits too. Heavy smoker? Vaper? Anything contributing to any lung impairment. 

Maybe though, younger people will start taking this thing bloody seriously.

Credit where it’s due, at least some people are looking on the bright side of Coronavirus. 

In other news I read Greta might have it. Alanis Morissette eat your heart out.

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

In other news I read Greta might have it. Alanis Morissette eat your heart out.

"Had" it supposedly.

The cynic in me can't help but think it's attention seeking. Gotta stay relevant even in the apocalypse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just in case there's anyone who left who hasn't got the memo that anyone can get this virus, or if there's anyone who still needs to persuade young relatives in denial:

Coronavirus: Briton, 21, with no pre-existing health conditions dies after contracting COVID-19

'A 21-year-old woman is believed to be the youngest person with no pre-existing health conditions to have died after contracting coronavirus in the UK.

Chloe Middleton, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, is believed to have died from COVID-19 on 21 March.

Her mother, Diane Middleton, wrote on Facebook: "To all the people out there that thinks it's just a virus please think again.'

more on link: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-briton-21-with-no-existing-health-conditions-dies-after-contracting-covid-19-11963451

This is what scares me. It just seems so random as to who might die from it. 

Depends on her exposure.  If sh'es riddled with the virus, because she's not been careful, then it's not a singular virus, you can get "lots" of it. 

I don't know her circumstances, but I imagine she's one that has seen heavy exposure to the virus.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/kentucky-coronavirus-party-infection/index.html

I would say serves them right but as this moron is sure to infect others who will in turn infect others I just feel sad and pissed off.

They should not be allowed to be given treatment in my opinion. Serves them right clowns

Â