Generic Virus Thread

villakram

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Aye Fox Basher's already on the case

Jolyon Fox-Basher sounds like a character in a Wodehouse novel.

Edit: Together with his friend/wife - Kim O'Nowearer.

Edited by snowychap
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do not underestimate the power of catholic guilt

I’m married to one and she wields it like a rapier. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's not the part that disgusts me. That's their culture. They eat animals like that.

I don't see the difference between eating a mouse or a bat compared to a pig or a cow.

But eating anything that's alive, especially ripping it apart like that frog is extra disgusting. Needless cruelty

This was bats, rats and mice that were alive 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I’m married to one and she wields it like a rapier. 

I'm partnered with an atheist one, it's still there deep down after all these years, that shite they whip into them at school and church despite her being a non=Believer for many years

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I see Amazon have opened up a charity that takes public donations to help compensate their contract employees. If there's one thing that comes from this, I hope it's eating the **** rich. Take your trickle down economics, and your "unskilled jobs" benevolently created by our job-creating betters and shove them up your collective arseholes.

The ultra rich exploit us all, and they've particularly shown their true colours in the last couple of weeks. The costs of the financial hit the world is taking should be coming from an extremely aggressive wealth tax.

While the rich hide, laying off thousands and thousands of workers, minimum wage workers find themselves "essential" having to go out and risk their lives. **** this system. The injustice has never been clearer.

This is what winds me up. My employers made around £300m+ between October and December alone. Now the logistics director is threatening they may have to make people redundant if the business has to temporarily close voluntarily. The same director said we have monthly overheads of £1.3m.

Monday last week, our CEO stood in front of us telling us all there was enough cash flow for the company to survive the next 6 months without work, if needed. 

Now, I'm no genius but, surely we can survive a temporary closure of 3 months with costs of £4m if we are making £300m in 3 months? 

The greed stinks. I hate those that exploit us mere mortals. I hope they all rot. 

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Stories like this make me hope the atheists are wrong. 

I'm sure there was a story about a young British nurse who had apparently committed suicide in a London hospital this week? It must be very hard for them mentally and physically. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

What I've noticed is, as the day has gone on my breathing is not the same. I've not had any runny nose or sign of sinus trouble but I've become wheezier despite taking my inhaler. ☹️

Are you any better/worse in general than yesterday?

mine definitely seems worse in the evenings so could just be a thing i guess, seem to start out ok in the morning but gradually get worse through the day. Thankfully it is much better than it was but still isn't right 7 days now after the worst of it last wednesday.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

UK numbers of cases and deaths look surprisingly small? 

I just hope people have checked on isolated neighbours. 

I'm also expecting it to spread more to the regions now as an awful lot of London seem to have travelled to stay with family. 

Hopefully the majority of us are like the people who are reported to have had barely any symptoms. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What I've noticed is, as the day has gone on my breathing is not the same. I've not had any runny nose or sign of sinus trouble but I've become wheezier despite taking my inhaler. ☹️

Does your gf drive? If you really start struggling to breathe I’d suggest getting yourself to casualty and don’t wait for an ambulance.

She could probably cut some rough masks *now* out of cloth for you, her and the little man to wear in the car? Keep windows open. Even if she drops you outside and you have to crawl through the door, at least you won’t risk being abandoned at home by paramedics as per that story up thread. 

Work out that plan with her *now* so you both know what to do. If you get a heavy fever you don’t want to be trying to make sense of the situation while delirious and she’s clear on the next steps. 

Apologies if you’ve already got this covered, trying to help not lecture.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Are you any better/worse in general than yesterday?

mine definitely seems worse in the evenings so could just be a thing i guess, seem to start out ok in the morning but gradually get worse through the day. Thankfully it is much better than it was but still isn't right 7 days now after the worst of it last wednesday.

In general, I have felt worse today than I did yesterday. I felt better yesterday evening until the night drew in and that's when I got the shivers. But, I've been really hot all day today and struggled to cool down. My lethargy seems to have relented more as they day has gone on but the breathing has become wheezier. 

New York hospitals treating coronavirus patients with vitamin C 

Seriously sick coronavirus patients in New York state’s largest hospital system are being given massive doses of vitamin C — based on promising reports that it’s helped people in hard-hit China, The Post has learned. 

“The patients who received vitamin C did significantly better than those who did not get vitamin C,” he said.

“It helps a tremendous amount, but it is not highlighted because it’s not a sexy drug.” 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/new-york-hospitals-treating-coronavirus-patients-with-vitamin-c/ 

Edited by Kingman
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I'm not that bad yet. I know when I'll be needing hospital as I've been through that experience many times throughout my life. Right now, I'm just trying to stay calm, drink plenty and use my inhaler as much as needed. 

Fair one mate. I got pneumonia aged 19, went to bed fine after a night out and woke up poleaxed. When it came it came quick and I’ve never had a fever like it, luckily was with a mate who got me into hospital ASAP. 

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure, from reading survivors' stories, that the pneumonia part comes from the amount of fluid (mucus?) that builds up in their sinuses and travels down into their lungs. I've not had any of that yet but still wheezier than usual. I'm hoping to avoid the sinus trouble. I dread the pneumonia, I'm sure that would kill me. 

I won't link as its the Heil, but pictures across the UK today of people sunbathing in city parks, on beaches, taking a dip in the ocean and generally hanging around in groups in town/city centres

They don't get it do they? They will find the general populations tolerance to this shithousery will soon wane. 

Â