Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It is what I have been thinking is happening that younger people are getting very ill though this but as long as they can get access to ventilators then they should recover. It is when younger people who get seriously ill from this can't get onto a ventilator, due to the amount of people needing one, that we will see a lot more younger people die.

I think they'll let the elderly die and save the young ones, mate. Brutal but probably going to happen. Imagine if it was your own mom or dad etc and they did that (touch wood it doesn't happen) you would be mega pissed off, I know I would be. 

This could have been avoided. They should have closed the borders immediately after it became clear it was getting out of control in China. Then, isolate all the vulnerable and then deal with whoever became hospitalised. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Neither are as impressive as North Korea with zero reported cases still

They are cheating though, nobody else has such an impressive and mighty leader that can fight the virus off with his bare hands. 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Neither are as impressive as North Korea with zero reported cases still

Didn’t Tony say they have a fizzy drink in the supermarket that cures cancer? Not surprised at all the virus has stayed away.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Didn’t Tony say they have a fizzy drink in the supermarket that cures cancer? Not surprised at all the virus has stayed away.

They were also the first country to send an astronaut to the sun. Their skill knows no limits! 

• Haha 1

Child has died in Los Angeles from coronavirus.

New York are projecting they need 140,000 hospital beds and 30,000 ventilators and they currently have 400. 

Trump is more concerned with getting the country back to work within next 2 weeks and seeing churches full on Easter Sunday. The way he has dealt with this will be the finish of him surely.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Child has died in Los Angelas from coronavirus.

New York are projecting they need 140,000 hospital beds and 30,000 ventilators and they currently have 400. 

Trump is more concerned with getting the country back to work within next 2 weeks and seeing churches full on Easter Sunday. The way he has dealt with this will be the finish of him surely.

His approval rating is up to 55% and is now net positive following an increase in support of 12% from voters approving his handling of the crisis. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

His approval rating is up to 55% and is now net positive following an increase in support of 12% from voters approving his handling of the crisis. 

He goes down the path he is saying he wants to go down then they are going to be looking at hundreds of thousands of deaths. Surely after that even those stupid enough to vote for him before a lot of them wouldn't do so again.

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He goes down the path he is saying he wants to go down then they are going to be looking at hundreds of thousands of deaths. Surely after that even those stupid enough to vote for him before a lot of them wouldn't do so again.

He will probably distract them by declaring war with Chi-na.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You’d hope so but I’ve long given up trying to second guess the average American voter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

The quicker we get test kits to see whos already had it the quicker we sort this mess out. I did suspect i had it in early Feb but not so sure now having seen it unfolding . 

Antibody tests only work while the antibodies are still present - up to about 30 days. We're both outside that window 

I haven't been able to find any tests for older viral infections. I think they'd need to infect and monitor, and that wouldn't pass an ethics board until there is a guaranteed treatment (and probably not then).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I've been told today that I've got it.

Good luck chap, Honestly if you are struggling to form sentences without gasping for breath just get yourself to hospital. I know it goes against all the advice but don't wait for an ambulance, you'll be waiting hours.  just get someone to drive you there & run in and tell them that you are in the car & need to be seen now. I know respiritatory issues are not going to help but the one slight thing you have in your favour here is you already know what is good/bad/very bad for you as far as breathing goes rather than getting completely freaked out at the first signs of shortness of breath so if it is starting to get towards the very bad end then start making plans to shift yourself asap

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Don’t know this Journo but with 195k followers I’d hope he’s a gen’ source:

He does a lot of stuff for talksport whenever italian football is discussed but Always seemed a decent enough sensible bloke. One of those like Tim vickery for south american sport/life, & guillem balague (spain), Todd Macklin (Canada/us) that seem to pop up on every radio/tv show whenever someone from a certain place is needed

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Not the most important thing I know, but while his approval rating is up, it isn't 55%: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

37 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Let's see what happens after the death toll escalates and touches every living person remaining in USA and the death toll of younger people exceeds the rest of the world by magnitudes and the images are beamed around the USA from their hospitals. It's not even begun yet, Italy will be like a paradise if he doesn't get a grip. 

I was thinking about the support for the self employed (as I am in that group).

Wouldn't the easiest thing be to ease off on the tax? Rather than throwing money at the problem and "bailing out" individual people, we are now at the end of the financial year. Maybe do a discount rate to tax so that it's "fair" on everyone and is relative to their income from trade?

I.e. a 20% or 25% tax discount for the year?

That would be a massive help to my family and does not require much government input in terms of logistics behind it.

Edited by Mic09

Â