Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I think the USA will be absolutely raped by this. Private healthcare so people will work until they are nearly dead and would insurance cover corona? And an attitude of it won't happen to us. I wouldn't be surprised if over a million died there

Little gossip from a mate who’s in the army reserves awaiting mobilisation, they were told to mentally prepare for a 6-12 month deployment. 

Could just be higher-ups boxing off for a worst case scenario, or could be they genuinely think this will drag on until a cure is surfaced. 

39 minutes ago, Awol said:

Credit where it’s due, at least some people are looking on the bright side of Coronavirus. 

In other news I read Greta might have it. Alanis Morissette eat your heart out.

'Ecofascism' looks like a growth ideology in this century, sadly.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

That's not the part that disgusts me. That's their culture. They eat animals like that.

I don't see the difference between eating a mouse or a bat compared to a pig or a cow.

But eating anything that's alive, especially ripping it apart like that frog is extra disgusting. Needless cruelty

While you're right it's just meat, pigs and cows have been bred for humans for thousands of years meaning there's pretty much no hidden nasty viruses that haven't jumped over. The meat they eat in China is from wild animals and having various types of dead and live wild animal from all over comingling is just a bad idea. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'd say that's very cynical.

She spends most of her time going to huge rallies. She's probably as exposed as anyone.

Off topic but I really don't get the hate for Greta. She's trying to change the world for the better. I wish more people were like her.

I think she's the best social influencer in the world, as in maybe the only one who is doing anything worth doing. Most of her peers are pushing lip gloss or whatever.

I also think the people behind her with her dad leading them are pushing her very hard are very clever in how they are exploiting her. I fear she will become burnt out before long.

She may very well have been sick, it may also have been from Corona, but I certainly do not put it past them to use this for media coverage and exposure.

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

While you're right it's just meat, pigs and cows have been bred for humans for thousands of years meaning there's pretty much no hidden nasty viruses that haven't jumped over. The meat they eat in China is from wild animals and having various types of dead and live wild animal from all over comingling is just a bad idea. 

Swine Flu says hi

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd say that's very cynical.

She spends most of her time going to huge rallies. She's probably as exposed as anyone.

Off topic but I really don't get the hate for Greta. She's trying to change the world for the better. I wish more people were like her.

What an attention seeking little girl who defines the word hypocrite. Hmm?

3 hours ago, sne said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/24/health/kentucky-coronavirus-party-infection/index.html

I would say serves them right but as this moron is sure to infect others who will in turn infect others I just feel sad and pissed off.

Should be quarantined at Her Majesty's Pleasure. Even if there are no prison guards to look after them.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Or mad cow disease, not sure how widespread it was outside Canada but it was pretty major for a year when I was growing up.

Huge in the UK, I can still see the massive funeral pyres of cattle burning in the fields, it's etched into my brain I think

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Or mad cow disease, not sure how widespread it was outside Canada but it was pretty major for a year when I was growing up.

Yeah it was all the rage when I was a kid too. Pogs, pokemon and mad cow.

Good times.

• Haha 2

Â