Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

11 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Finding space is what it's all about. It is quite instinctual. But Leipzig's defending was a joke last night.

Everytime I watch Gvardiol he looks dodgy yet somehow his price tag keeps going up

He's obviously doing very well and Man City are doing something right for him to be getting the amount of goals that he's getting.

But as a team they've only scored three more goals than they scored this time last season and have less points.

So he hasn't made massive difference to them in terms of making them better as an whole.

All that's really happened is that he's scoring the goals that last their other players were previously scoring.

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

doesnt he have a 150m release clause in his contract or something?, sure i remember reading that?

Wouldn't surprise me. They'd get back three times what they paid for him if he decides to try life in Spain for a few years. He likes to keep his options open which is fair enough.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Nope, they should take more risks in possession by trying though balls. If you watch them play random city midfielder will be on the ball in the middle of the field and Haaland will be sitting on the shoulder of a defender, but instead of trying a through ball they just pass it out wide to random city winger. It happens over and over. I think it's because of Pep's possession at all costs style rather than freeing up his players to try slide rule passes into Haaland. He's at his best IMO when he's getting fed those type of passes because he's so quick and strong. Of course he's still scoring a hatful at city because they are better than pretty much every team they play and they do still create plenty of chances. 

Weird take. Can't lie

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A team that shouldn't be playing in Europe, signed the best forward in Europe, because they've cheated for over a decade to be able to make these sorts of signings.

The only thing that needs saying about this team. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

He's obviously doing very well and Man City are doing something right for him to be getting the amount of goals that he's getting.

But as a team they've only scored three more goals than they scored this time last season and have less points.

So he hasn't made massive difference to them in terms of making them better as an whole.

All that's really happened is that he's scoring the goals that last their other players were previously scoring.

Yes but it this type of player that they didnt have before that could well deliver them the champions league.  He doesnt look human to me. Hes bigger stronger faster than anybody else and although he could end up breaking all records I can never really warm to this type of player. 

Edited by PaulC

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

That explains it. 

They're mixing up cause and effect with those stats at the start.

He doesn't score when City aren't getting the most out of him. Or he doesn't score when he's not getting the most out of the team.

It works both ways, and it's not really a surprise that if he hasn't scored, then City as a whole have had a bad day and they're more likely to have lost.

They could start trying those slide rule passes, and they might find themselves scoring those chances, but then not creating the other hundreds of chances they generate via their current methods.

Do you trust most footballers to make the right call when given a choice? Or do you want them to be in a scenario where 90% of the time they don't have to make a choice and therefore the only thing that can go wrong is execution. Execution that can be practiced to the point it becomes second nature anyway.

It's boring, but it works. And it's working better for Haaland than it has anywhere else in his career so far. 

And who cares because they cheated their way to having him anyway

Edited by MrBlack

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Everytime I watch Gvardiol he looks dodgy yet somehow his price tag keeps going up

He will be having 6ft 5 nightmares for months. If he was a boxer then i would say he was a busted flush. Looked like Maguire at his worst x 10.  He is good in a slow tactical game but no good playing frenetic football. 

Just the 8 goals in his last 120 minutes.

He's flourishing at a corrupt club that shouldn't have the squad to support him, but as illegitimate as their success is, it's incredible to watch this guy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just the 8 goals in his last 120 minutes.

He's flourishing at a corrupt club that shouldn't have the squad to support him, but as illegitimate as their success is, it's incredible to watch this guy.

Agreed I’d like him to score 64 goals and they win nothing. 

On 18/03/2023 at 20:10, Davkaus said:

it's incredible to watch this guy.

I saw him a lot at Dortmund but haven't seen him once since he went to corrupt FC. I refuse to watch Man City games and I won't even watch when they play us at their place. 

I genuinely can't understand why anyone would watch a Man City game. What they have done and are continuing to do to football deserves nothing but scorn and derision. They should be kicked out of the league and be stripped of everything they've stolen since the takeover. 

Yes Haaland is a good player, but I couldn't care less. Its all illegitimate.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 3

On 15/03/2023 at 14:52, PaulC said:

Yes but it this type of player that they didnt have before that could well deliver them the champions league.  He doesnt look human to me. Hes bigger stronger faster than anybody else and although he could end up breaking all records I can never really warm to this type of player. 

Same, he’s like a John Hartson on steroids.   I don’t think he is particularly technically gifted or skilful.

Â