Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Same, he’s like a John Hartson on steroids.   I don’t think he is particularly technically gifted or skilful.

I dunno, his skill is that he can score just about any type of goal, seems to be scoring a lot of tap ins and scrappy goals recently* but watching him for Dortmund I saw him score goals where he ran at defenders for 30 odd yards before drilling it in to the bottom corner, he can score goals the likes of defoe, van nistlerooy, aguero, kane etc could, he's not messi or Ronaldo but he's more than a simple fox in the box tap in merchant

* him always being in the right place and first to the ball is a skill in itself

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Same, he’s like a John Hartson on steroids.   I don’t think he is particularly technically gifted or skilful.

Making those runs and being in the right place at the right time is a skill in itself. His first goal against Burnley was sublime. He is also rapid for a man of his size. 

5 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Dunno - those jump shots (like the one he scored against us, I think?) are pretty technically brilliant. To have the strength to hang up, stretch and still control a shot is quite a thing. It’s the Ronaldo jump to shooting. 

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

He is being assisted by players that were bought illegally.

And given that this is what drove their commercial position and resources today, he was too... 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

50 goals in competitions. 

BBC said last top flight player to do that was Pongo Waring! Clive Allen got close with 49 in 87/88

6 hours ago, Xela said:

50 goals in competitions. 

BBC said last top flight player to do that was Pongo Waring! Clive Allen got close with 49 in 87/88

Bbc would never care about Pongo or anything like that if it wasn't about to be broken. In fact they'd probably try to ignore it and claim only records since 1992 count.

Pongo scored 49 in The League 1 in the cup for his 50.

No League Cup, European competitions or whatever else Haaland has to pad his stats! 34 he has in The League.

Clive Allen 33 League goals of his 49.

Dixie Dean for comparison 60 League goals out of his total of 63.

12 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Pongo scored 49 in The League 1 in the cup for his 50.

No League Cup, European competitions or whatever else Haaland has to pad his stats! 34 he has in The League.

Clive Allen 33 League goals of his 49.

Dixie Dean for comparison 60 League goals out of his total of 63.

I thought about that but then isn't there also less league games now?

It is different but it's still a huge achievement, 34 PL goals is pretty crazy even if it is with this city team

Edit - I do think Ronaldos time in the PL gets confused with his explosion of goals at Madrid but his best PL season was 31 goals in 34 games, Haaland now has 34 in 30,not sure anyone has ever finished with more goals than games in the PL

Edited by villa4europe

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I thought about that but then isn't there also less league games now?

It is different but it's still a huge achievement, 34 PL goals is pretty crazy even if it is with this city team

42 League games in the 30/31 season

Just 4 more.

How gutted would you be in that season Pongo scored 49 league goals Villa scored 128 goals in total but came 2nd!

Still a top flight record but you rarely hear it mentioned.

Arse won their first title scored 127 goals.

Goal fest times!

• Like 2

The funny thing is, Haaland's goals this season are eclipsing Harry Kane's, in what would usually be an excellent season for Kane.

He has 25 currently. Even if he scored no more goals for the rest of the season, you have to go back to 2017/18 to find a season where that tally wouldn't have won the golden boot. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Hate him, hate him, hate him!!!

But there is no doubt he is a ridiculous footballer/striker.

From what i've heard and read about him, he works really hard and is down to earth.

Maybe hate is a bit strong? 

On 01/05/2023 at 07:20, Rds1983 said:

Bbc would never care about Pongo or anything like that if it wasn't about to be broken. In fact they'd probably try to ignore it and claim only records since 1992 count.

Well of course not , he's not kicked a ball in about 70 years.

Â