Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Every top club in the world would have wanted him, he’s definitely on MEGA money. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 900k figure above was close to the target

They saved about 80m on him because of his low buyout clause, so I'm sure they have no qualms of allocating a good portion of that to his salary.

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Every top club in the world would have wanted him, he’s definitely on MEGA money. I wouldn’t be surprised if the 900k figure above was close to the target

Nah de Bruyne is the highest paid player there on circa £400k a week, he will be on a similar number + bonuses, the bonuses could be scary, so could the fees to say hello at the sheiks sons birthday party...

For all the talk of messi, Ronaldo and mbappe getting the insane numbers city have always been relatively sensible payers, their difference is they pay everyone in the squad good money rather than 2 or 3 mega earners

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah de Bruyne is the highest paid player there on circa £400k a week, he will be on a similar number + bonuses, the bonuses could be scary, so could the fees to say hello at the sheiks sons birthday party...

For all the talk of messi, Ronaldo and mbappe getting the insane numbers city have always been relatively sensible payers, their difference is they pay everyone in the squad good money rather than 2 or 3 mega earners

The fact he was never seriously linked with anyone then went to City with little negotiating it seemed. They must have put a ridiculous offer on the table.

As you say, it could be mega goal, win, appearance, title, cup, CL, 10 games, 50 games, 100 games bonuses that add up to insane numbers. Probably the ~£50m a year that is being reported.

14 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

While he is a good goal scorer, £900k Inc bonuses is bonkers. Even for modern football. Maybe the twit who set those targets wants firing.

Those targets for bonus payments probably made sense at the time. Who knew he was going to score this many goals in such a short period of time.  

55 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Those targets for bonus payments probably made sense at the time. Who knew he was going to score this many goals in such a short period of time.  

Only way City probably would have got him is to offer a contract with those bonuses, otherwise he'd have been off to Madrid.

14 hours ago, Genie said:

The fact he was never seriously linked with anyone then went to City with little negotiating it seemed. They must have put a ridiculous offer on the table.

As you say, it could be mega goal, win, appearance, title, cup, CL, 10 games, 50 games, 100 games bonuses that add up to insane numbers. Probably the ~£50m a year that is being reported.

They could have been negotiating for 6  months. City don't negotiate in public.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Only way City probably would have got him is to offer a contract with those bonuses, otherwise he'd have been off to Madrid.

I bet Madrid are raging. They put all their energy into signing Mbappe only for him to mug them off at the last minute. 

If not they’d have had a proper go at signing Haaland i’m sure.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I bet Madrid are raging. They put all their energy into signing Mbappe only for him to mug them off at the last minute. 

If not they’d have had a proper go at signing Haaland i’m sure.

Mbappe probably has similar  bonuses in his contract, plus PSG had to practically make him Sporting Director

29 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

He's got 20 goals already this season with that one. It's October 8th.

He's going to score 50 this year and I could see him breaking 30 in the PL.

At this rate he will break 50 in the PL alone. 15 after 9 games lol. Another 29 games to go. 

Just now, Ingram85 said:

At this rate he will break 50 in the PL alone. 15 after 9 games lol. Another 29 games to go. 

If he stays 5 or 6 years he could break Shearers record and still have 5 years of his career left to go to Madrid.

• 2 weeks later...
Â