Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

56 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I know it's a great achievement what he's done, but meh. They are cheats.

Amen brother when you spend the money they have to assemble a team over 10 years of cheating then add a player that can finish off the chances that you should not be able to afford and expect the public to be amazed at the achievement!

Do me a favour it's par for the course with those advantages.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2023 at 21:42, foreveryoung said:

True, but again, different times. Doubt he would score so many battling old skool defenders.

Sorry, have you seen Haaland? He's massive!

On 01/05/2023 at 08:18, Stevo985 said:

The funny thing is, Haaland's goals this season are eclipsing Harry Kane's, in what would usually be an excellent season for Kane.

He has 25 currently. Even if he scored no more goals for the rest of the season, you have to go back to 2017/18 to find a season where that tally wouldn't have won the golden boot. 

27 for Kane now.

He could feasibly finish on 30+ goals. And nobody cares :D 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes, but no one can rough a striker up like they used to.

You think a 6 foot 4 muscular brute of a striker would struggle against defenders like Neil Ruddock and Phillipe Albert?

Haaland is one of the most physically impressive strikers I've ever seen. The implication that he'd struggle with more physical centrebacks is laughable

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You think a 6 foot 4 muscular brute of a striker would struggle against defenders like Neil Ruddock and Phillipe Albert?

Haaland is one of the most physically impressive strikers I've ever seen. The implication that he'd struggle with more physical centrebacks is laughable

That's your opinion, there's no proof, as he is only having to fight for a goal against the likes of McGuire. 😂

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

That's your opinion, there's no proof, as he is only having to fight for a goal against the likes of McGuire. 😂

There's no proof, of course.

I just find the idea of concluding that one of the most physically impressive strikers of all time couldn't hack it against the cloggers of the 90s a bit funny.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's a funny one as he can often not do much for 90 minutes but then up scoring one or two goals virtually every time.

It would be interesting to see him play in a mediocre side, but that ain't gonna happen.

He has 21 in 23 for Norway so is doing fine

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There was a goal he scored earlier in the season against Palace where the Palace defender (I think maybe Ward, but not sure) tried to foul him just outside the area by running into the back of him.  Not only does Haaland hold him off and go on to score, the guy is barely moved.  Ward (if it was him) just bounces off him.

He's an absolute monster.

On 04/05/2023 at 21:42, foreveryoung said:

True, but again, different times. Doubt he would score so many battling old skool defenders.

The average player now is better than the average player in the 90s; this almost has to be true as a rule, given that the game has only become richer and more global, but you can see it anyway with the eye test. If the average player now is better than the average player then, then the distance in ability between the best striker now and the average defender then is going to be even greater, not less. 

Those 'battling old skool defenders' just wouldn't get near him. They'd not pick up his runs, wouldn't cope with his fitness, and he'd spend the whole game sitting them down on their arses. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Haaland played something like 700 minutes less than Kane in the PL due to Pep, rotation and Spurs having no options or other things to focus on

Â