Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

On 01/05/2023 at 02:49, villa4europe said:

I thought about that but then isn't there also less league games now?

It is different but it's still a huge achievement, 34 PL goals is pretty crazy even if it is with this city team

Edit - I do think Ronaldos time in the PL gets confused with his explosion of goals at Madrid but his best PL season was 31 goals in 34 games, Haaland now has 34 in 30,not sure anyone has ever finished with more goals than games in the PL

To my memory Kane came closest in the modern era with 29 in 30 one season.

didnt realise kane was so close, or that he'd scored so many this year

haaland i can see being a bit like mbappe but actually walking away when his contracts up, could join any club in the world if he was sensible about the wages (which he wont be...) i dont see him having the career at city to catch them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

didnt realise kane was so close, or that he'd scored so many this year

haaland i can see being a bit like mbappe but actually walking away when his contracts up, could join any club in the world if he was sensible about the wages (which he wont be...) i dont see him having the career at city to catch them

Haaland was a City fan growing up.

Can see him staying there for a long time.

Picture of Erling Braut Haaland wearing Man City shirt surfaces - Manchester  Evening News

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Seems a top bloke to me. Just plays for a side I’d rather he didn’t play for… but was always going to.

I thought he had a girlfriend?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Picture of Erling Braut Haaland wearing Man City shirt surfaces - Manchester  Evening News

He said he was a Leeds fan too

Both teams his Dad played at

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why, other than the Man City fraud stuff, people aren't just enjoying the fact that they see this guy week in and week out in England.

I think maybe it's because he's doing exactly what everybody expected him to do, tear s**t up. He stays here another couple of years and he'll set records that won't be broken in our lifetime. 

He's an astonishing footballer. And the fact that people can't put their finger on why he manages to do what he does makes him even more astonishing. Play down his technique, whatever, he still scores goals. He lays out a challenge, and opponents know exactly what he's going to do, but they cannot stop him. 

I love watching him, I'll be honest. Just wish he played for someone else.

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

And Jack was a Villa fan but when a bigger club comes along and offers you more money and a bigger global profile player's push to leave.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

And Jack was a Villa fan but when a bigger club comes along and offers you more money and a bigger global profile player's push to leave.

How often do players want to leave Guardiola and Man City?

Real Madrid and Barca aren't what they once were, and the PL is the most watched and commercial league in the world. It's where all top players wants to play now.

Edited by Pinebro

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

City can pay him more than any club and he can win every trophy going with them. There’s not many places he’d move to, especially as it’s his dads old club as well. 

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

How often do players want to leave Guardiola and Man City?

Real Madrid and Barca aren't what they once were, and the PL is the most watched and commercial league in the world. It's where all top players wants to play now.

A good few do. Real/Barca and Bayern might not have the money but are definitely a bigger draw than City still

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

A good few do. Real/Barca and Bayern might not have the money but are definitely a bigger draw than City still

All things being equal then I think Real Madrid are top of the pile, but everything has a value.

Would Haaland take a pay cut of £200k p/w to play at Real Madrid or Barcelona? I doubt it. He’ll be happy enough at a b-list side getting his £850k a week.

23 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

City can pay him more than any club and he can win every trophy going with them. There’s not many places he’d move to, especially as it’s his dads old club as well. 

the messi argument, he's getting paid millions, he's playing football with his mates and he's winning things, why would he leave?

but i think haaland will, he'll do his 5 years at city, win the lot, then move to madrid, dont think its money or ambition or anything like that, just moving on because he can

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Haaland isn't south american.

He doesn't have the Real Madrid or Barca affinity.

Spanish football is not really very popular here in Norway.

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I'm not sure why, other than the Man City fraud stuff, people aren't just enjoying the fact that they see this guy week in and week out in England.

I think maybe it's because he's doing exactly what everybody expected him to do, tear s**t up. He stays here another couple of years and he'll set records that won't be broken in our lifetime. 

He's an astonishing footballer. And the fact that people can't put their finger on why he manages to do what he does makes him even more astonishing. Play down his technique, whatever, he still scores goals. He lays out a challenge, and opponents know exactly what he's going to do, but they cannot stop him. 

I love watching him, I'll be honest. Just wish he played for someone else.

I don't really watch games outside of Villa ones, and I don't want to see him battering us :D

So it doesn't matter to me whether he's playing in England or Germany or Spain or wherever - it's essentially irrelevant.  I don't yearn to have the greatest players in the World playing in the Premier League unless they're playing for Villa.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

I don't really watch games outside of Villa ones, and I don't want to see him battering us :D

So it doesn't matter to me whether he's playing in England or Germany or Spain or wherever - it's essentially irrelevant.  I don't yearn to have the greatest players in the World playing in the Premier League unless they're playing for Villa.

No, that's fair, I just meant that 90% of fans, myself included, tend not to watch foreign leagues. Not because I dislike them, but in general it is hard to keep up with. MOTD is easy to find, and if he, or any other stellar players are playing in a league that gets widespread coverage then I get to see him/them more. 

But you are right, I hope he has a cold whenever we play them. 

Â