Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Gerd Muller has most goals per game and was like Haaland. Yet Cruyff is rated higher in that era. 

Messi can score just like Haaland and can also playmake like de Bruyne. 

Sometimes he does all that in one move. Pass, create space, dribble and run and score himself. 

I love Haaland and love the fact he is from my country but let's not compare him to Messi. We will never see anyone like Messi ever again. 

100% agree all round

Millers scoring records are insane, Lewandowski beat his 40 goals in a season record last season (34 games) which had stood for like 45 years, also you'll see the nonsense about messi not winning a world cup or Ronaldo scoring more away goals in CL semi finals I'm sure muller has goals in a European Cup final, a world cup final and a European championship final, maybe a pub quiz thing there cos there can't be many players who can boast that

I'd have used iniesta and xavi as the example for messi's passing, again it's used as a way of knocking to say he had these 2 world class passers behind him when he was scoring all these goals but but his passing range was every bit as good as theirs, he could have played iniestas role for barca easily, he could have played midfield and been the best midfielder we've ever seen but instead he goes and scores 800 goals, he's the complete package

You put any of the great strikers from the past in this Man City team and they all would break records let’s be honest.

Haaling is obviously going to be one of the all time greats, but the team around him is playing their part in making him.

There was a funny comment last night, the presenter said something like “is it possible to leave Haaland out when he’s in great form like this?” and then the reply was “is he in form though? He’s doing what he’s always done, this isn’t a spike, it’s just normal business throughout his entire career so far. How can we say he’s in form?”.

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

You put any of the great strikers from the past in this Man City team and they all would break records let’s be honest.

Haaling is obviously going to be one of the all time greats, but the team around him is playing their part in making him.

If Pep was a genius he would sign Keinan Davis and try get 30 goals from him 😜

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Pep was a genius he would sign Keinan Davis and try get 30 goals from him 😜

I know this is a joke, but I wonder if Pep is getting to the point where he'll need to try wacky things like this to get some sort of feeling of accomplishment. Maybe take on a smaller job after City. 

He's insanely good at these long-reaching, stretched finishes from crosses.

Over the past few games, both De Bryne and Cancelo have been lauded for their "brilliant assists" but in reality, Haaland's ability to sniff out the right spot, and then somehow get get connection at a stretch turns them into goals. 

I don't think there's another striker that I've ever seen do that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

While he is a good goal scorer, £900k Inc bonuses is bonkers. Even for modern football. Maybe the twit who set those targets wants firing.

If he was playing for any other team I'd love watching him, nothing like watching a goal scorer score goals.

But

Cos he's at City, it's just another reason to dislike modern football

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I know this is a joke, but I wonder if Pep is getting to the point where he'll need to try wacky things like this to get some sort of feeling of accomplishment. Maybe take on a smaller job after City. 

We all know Champions League quarter final vs Real Madrid/Bayern he will use Haaland as a deep lying playmaker with Akanji as striker

He cant help himself

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Did that at Barca towards the end with Fabregas up front, 3 at the back (Two of which were CM's)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Did that at Barca towards the end with Fabregas up front, 3 at the back (Two of which were CM's)

Can't remember if he came up with that first or if Spain tried it first at Euro 2012 but yeah he was experimenting a bit towards the end.

Â