Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Region Halland "sounds the alarm" - threatened by Haaland: "Immense confusion"

Halland or Haaland?
The difference in spelling is marginal.
The tourism organization Visit Halland has noted that.
And now department head Jimmy Sandberg has sounded the alarm in an open letter .
- I'm tired of Haaland's success, he says to the Football Channel and laughs.

Everything in step with Erling Braut Haaland's thunderous success n Manchester City. In social media, many have misspelled #haaland and written #halland instead.

Jimmy Sandberg, head of department at Visit Halland has therefore written an open letter stating that the confusion must end.

"For decades, we have informed the world about Halland, a somewhat hidden gem on the Swedish west coast. Hundreds of thousands of tourists come here every year to enjoy our sandy beaches, lush forests and cozy city centers. But to our dismay, we now see that our efforts in rapid tact disappears. All because of a fantastic Norwegian football player", he writes in the letter and continues:

"It has come to our attention that there is enormous confusion regarding the spelling of Haaland's name. Something that has resulted in thousands of journalists and fans in posts calling him... Halland. But we are Halland. He is Haaland."

- After the City successes, he appeared everywhere. On every single image search, every single hashtag. "What the hell, isn't his name Halland?". But you see it quickly, there are a lot of people who spell wrong. Then we said we could make something fun out of this. It's not a real problem, but it could actually become one if he scores even more goals. It's fun for him, but we're drowning a little in his success.

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/sverige/region-halland-slar-larm-hotas-av-haaland-enorm-forvirring/

• Haha 1

Quite injury prone isn't he?

Big reason why Messi and Ronaldo reached their numbers is because they were barely ever injured.

Despite his height Haaland is very explosive so it doesn't really surprise me that he frequently picks up injuries.

30 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Big reason why Messi and Ronaldo reached their numbers is because they were barely ever injured.

Despite his height Haaland is very explosive so it doesn't really surprise me that he frequently picks up injuries.

Messi was a bit injury prone until he was about 21. Think the body needed to adapt

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Agree with the general thrust of this, but isn't he out with a cold or something at the moment?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Amazingly despite his goals he doesn't seem to have made Man City a better team.

He is papering over the cracks of a team that aren't playing that well compared to other seasons and probably unbalanced. Only Foden has over 5 goals in the league

Pep has always struggled to integrate strikers in the past like Villa, Zlatan even Aguero at City. Haaland is not a player he can play out wide like Villa or completely drop like Zlatan

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is papering over the cracks of a team that aren't playing that well compared to other seasons and probably unbalanced. Only Foden has over 5 goals in the league

Pep has always struggled to integrate strikers in the past like Villa, Zlatan even Aguero at City. Haaland is not a player he can play out wide like Villa or completely drop like Zlatan

Very true.

And some people actually predicted this in pre season but got laughed at.

Regardless I'd be delighted for Arsenal to win it.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

20 of his goals have come from inside the box this season

Has anyone else noticed how a lot of his goals have been kinda scrappy/lucky, obviously you have to be in the position to finish them but I’m starting to think in this City team even Peter Crouch could’ve scored most of those goals. 

27 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Has anyone else noticed how a lot of his goals have been kinda scrappy/lucky, obviously you have to be in the position to finish them but I’m starting to think in this City team even Peter Crouch could’ve scored most of those goals. 

And yet no one did until he arrived. Quite the coincidence. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

And yet no one did until he arrived. Quite the coincidence. 

I get what you’re saying but also no one else has played in “this” City team. 

For example prime Ronaldo (both Ronaldo’s), put either of them in this team and you’re having the same conversation as we are with Haaling if not more so. 

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I get what you’re saying but also no one else has played in “this” City team. 

For example prime Ronaldo (both Ronaldo’s), put either of them in this team and you’re having the same conversation as we are with Haaling if not more so. 

Ok, but you mentioned Peter Crouch in this thread 😂

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â