Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

Just now, Tom13 said:

Not necessarily. Wages off our books, and if he does well, sale value could rise.

Or he would come back and we would have to send him back out on loan again next season and probably beyond that until his contract ends as clubs won’t bother paying the fee if he is available on a free soon enough. I would rather just get rid if he isn’t in our plans. 

7 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

A bidding war for Samatta? 😁

At the moment we have 3 fit forwards, watkins davis and samatta.

I would hope unless we get another forward in then none will be allowed to go.

Edited by brummybloke

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

will get a better fee off WBA than the turkish side I guess. Either way, cheerio!

Exactly, 6-8m would be huge. Could mean we would have a new signing. I won’t push for a striker as I’m fine with Watkins and Davis (Wesley and Traore as 3rd, 4th choices). Let’s get our other targets first and then see if we still need a striker in the deadline day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

He just massively let us down after the league returned. It's when we needed him to save us and he offered nothing and people like Trezeguet stood up instead. Pretty unforgivable. 

I think that’s a little harsh. He had just moved to a new country then was immediately thrown into a lockdown, but on top of that I’m just not sure he was ever good enough.

It didn’t work out and it’s a shame. It’ll be strange not seeing a thousand Tanzanian flags under every post on the AVFC Instagram. 

• Like 1

I see that some in here still haven't learned from the Douglas Luiz thread not to judge players too early. No, Samatta hasn't been a hit so far, but he's played less than 20 games coming from another league with a lockdown righ in the middle of those few games he actually played. Maybe not enough to really prove yourself.

If he leaves we need another striker, preferrably someone young and promising willing to learn his trade and ready to come in from time to time. Ok, Messi would do too.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

At the moment we have 3 fit forwards, watkins davis and samatta.

I would hope unless we get another forward in then none will be allowed to go.

+ Wesley to come back, Traore and Rashica can play up front, young Barry in reserve if really needed. 

We only play one up front, that's plenty of options. 

2 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

+ Wesley to come back, Traore and Rashica can play up front, young Barry in reserve if really needed. 

We only play one up front, that's plenty of options. 

Wesley's probably not going to be back until the new year. 

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

We're virtually guaranteed to lose at least one of our biggest signings to long term injury cos we're Villa, so I verge on the side of caution when it comes to letting players go unless they're about 7th choice.  Definitely wouldn't sell him to West Brom.

We're going to need to let players go to comply with squad limits - keeping 7 players in each position isn't an option. 

Â