Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

At the moment we have 3 fit forwards, watkins davis and samatta.

I would hope unless we get another forward in then none will be allowed to go.

I think the idea is versatility. Traore, Raschica and Watkins can play there.

52 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

West Brom might end up being a rival, no need to strengthen them at all. Let them go into the season with Callum Robinson and Charlie Austin.

You just know he'll turn into the Tanzanian Lewandowski, dont you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

At the moment we have 3 fit forwards, watkins davis and samatta.

I would hope unless we get another forward in then none will be allowed to go.

In 4 seasons before last Traore scored 12 goals in 24 league games at centre forward and many were limited minutes games

42 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

In 4 seasons before last Traore scored 12 goals in 24 league games at centre forward and many were limited minutes games

Yep, I think he along with watkins and cash have been bought as they are duel purpose, they can operate in more than one position.

Wesley is out for at least 2 or more months, watkins can't play every minute of every game. Davis bless him while a handful to defences, isnt a goal threat.

If samatta is out then it won't be to turkey who are bankrupt and we would need 2 more players in first a cm and a wide attacking player.

Last season just getting Wesley and no one else caused us to buy samatta as we had zero goal threat. Indiana was called up and had to play, he is now on loan so that options gone.

I cant see us putting ourselves in that position again.

3 hours ago, Pelle said:

I see that some in here still haven't learned from the Douglas Luiz thread not to judge players too early. No, Samatta hasn't been a hit so far, but he's played less than 20 games coming from another league with a lockdown righ in the middle of those few games he actually played. Maybe not enough to really prove yourself.

If he leaves we need another striker, preferrably someone young and promising willing to learn his trade and ready to come in from time to time. Ok, Messi would do too.

You can usually tell if a player is any good. It was plain to see Luiz had some quality. Samatta hasn’t shown any glimpses that he is good enough at this level.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jim said:

You can usually tell if a player is any good. It was plain to see Luiz had some quality. Samatta hasn’t shown any glimpses that he is good enough at this level.

There were more than one in that thread that said that Douglas Luiz would never make it as late as in June.

Samatta started off not too bad before the lockdown, considering he'd never played at this level. After lockdown he wasn't good enough but those were rather extreme circumstances. We can't say for sure that he wouldn't make it.

5 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

He just massively let us down after the league returned. It's when we needed him to save us and he offered nothing and people like Trezeguet stood up instead. Pretty unforgivable. 

And yet got selected most weeks over Davis. It’s such hyperbole what you’re posting. He wasn’t great and never looked a scoring threat. But he led the line well for 60 mins, and part of his leadership skills helped the press. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

And yet got selected most weeks over Davis. It’s such hyperbole what you’re posting. He wasn’t great and never looked a scoring threat. But he led the line well for 60 mins, and part of his leadership skills helped the press. 

So what I said is hyperbole yet you say Samatta 'wasn't great' 'not a scoring threat'  opposites to what he should be. But that's OK he pressed for 60 mins,Utter drivel.

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The coaching staff ain't gonna not pick their main January transfer signing.

Would make them look really stupid and an admission to f***ing up in the window.

33 minutes ago, Pelle said:

There were more than one in that thread that said that Douglas Luiz would never make it as late as in June.

Samatta started off not too bad before the lockdown, considering he'd never played at this level. After lockdown he wasn't good enough but those were rather extreme circumstances. We can't say for sure that he wouldn't make it.

Anyone with any sense of football IQ could tell that Douglas Luiz was a very talented footballer long before lockdown.

To compare the Samatta situation to Dougie is simply unjust. Samatta has shown nothing to suggest he can cut it at this level. The air kick v West Ham told me all I need to know. Simply not good enough.

Id love to be proved wrong but doubt I will be. If we can get a replacement in and recoup our money on  him I’d be happy to let him go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Would make them look really stupid and an admission to f***ing up in the window.

I think its pretty much unanimously accepted that just signing 1 striker last summer was where we failed. 

I dont think we will make that mistake again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bit of a stretch that they select the team with such petty motivations. They would have picked whatever team they believe was our best bet to win games and keep us in the league. 

Very tough year for him, he joined a struggling team in Jan and was expected to score the goals. Moving country, adapting to the Premier League and a new team, COVID hit to make it even worse and then when we came back off lockdown we played very defensively in order to try and grind out some results.

There's people ripping Baggies on Twitter because they might have an interest in him, I'm aware it's social media but I can't stand it. He never looked like he wasn't trying for us it just didn't work and to be honest we were a terrible side that didn't create a thing, granted he didn't help that part at all. 

With Wesley still out I'd keep him as a squad player. It's likely we go into the new season with Watkins as a main striker and a couple of wingers who might also be able to lead the line but behind that there's nothing.

• Like 1

As much as we slag off Hogan, his goals kept SHA up last year. I don't want Samatta at the baggies. Never know how a player will perform for another team. Lots of us liked the look of him the first few games don't forget. 

• Like 3

Â