Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

What standard do you compare to? He can certainly run, he has a perfectly ok first touch, definitely has a strikers instinct, no more offside than others and an ok left foot. He looked promising before the lockdown, his goals against Man C and Liverpool goes against what you have said. It's very hard to judge players for their post lockdown form, how good was Jack until the last two games for example. For £8,5M, what would you expect? Would you compare him with Harry Kane who would be values at around £80M and that he would perform like him straight away? He has a really good goal scoring record from the Belgium league and it's far too early to write him off. Also, what I find surprising that so many ignores, is that it may take time for foreign players to come to their right in a new country. Let's see how he develops. The jury is still out on him. For £8,5M he can be a bargain, or just perform in par with what we paid for him. 

Most of all, he is a Villa player with a warm personality, he has showed very good attitude and tries his best, he deserves to be supported, not slated and certainly not be subject to all that unfounded bs. Save that for the players who step out of line.

What's funny is the part in bold, is literally what the same posters have said about Wesley.

How in gods name have these people who "can't run, kick, pass, head, shoot " or tie their shoelaces had any sort of professional football career? lol

Some of our posters really are extreme.

• Like 1

Don’t think he’s been that bad at all, all things considered, the amount of stick he gets in here and in the match threads has been a little harsh at times to say the least.

The bloke came in January and was expected to hit the ground running and be our main man: completely new league, country and in a struggling low confidence team.

We need cover up front especially with no return date for Wesley.

• Like 3

His scoring record is crap but I do see something in him that makes me think he could be decent.

Having said that there are some opportunities (not King) out there for which making space in the squad would make sense

• Like 1

I think the club will hang onto him until January at least, when Wesley should be up and running. We need at least three fit strikers at any given time, so unless they're going to buy another one, they'll need him for now. 

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Concerning that Smith is still bringing this guy on.

Where were Keinan yesterday?

In case you haven't realized. Samatta is shit and isn't offering anything.

Can't understand him being ahead of Davis. His contribution is zero. At least Davis holds up the ball and can bully defenses a bit.

I think we're all being a bit harsh on Samatta. He looked decent before lockdown.

I'd imagine moving to a new country, not knowing many people and then being locked down for months is quite tough and means he perhaps wasn't in the best of places mentally and physically post lockdown. 

Hopefully a full pre-season with his teammates and he'll be looking sharper. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I think we're all being a bit harsh on Samatta. He looked decent before lockdown.

I'd imagine moving to a new country, not knowing many people and then being locked down for months is quite tough and means he perhaps wasn't in the best of places mentally and physically post lockdown. 

He will be a decent backup to watkins for me, at least until jan.

Half our problem was we didn't create much last season, if you don't create chances for the strikers what do we expect.

Now we have watkins, an OK backup in samatta, and wesley coming back around Christmas/new year, we need to ensure we have the right players to provide opportunities for the forward players.

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's a likeable little character.

An average championship striker at best who poses no real threat at this level. I’d say he played his part but he didn’t really.

Let’s just try and get back as much of our money back as possible to help fund the incomings who we hope can make a difference. 

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Concerning that Smith is still bringing this guy on.

Where were Keinan yesterday?

In case you haven't realized. Samatta is shit and isn't offering anything.

He's scored an infinite amount more PL goals than Keinan has.

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

He's scored an infinite amount more PL goals than Keinan has.

And an infinite more amount of minutes.

Samatta 14 starts. Keinan only 4.

Probably makes a difference bud.

Edited by villalad21

Â