The Royal Family

Genie

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is the correct take IMO:

They also have threatened the institution, and therefore are effectively enemies, not just not competitors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AXD said:

A lot of opinions flying around the internet today about the interview.

I don't know what the truth is in this story (other than that there are issues in the family), but if they wanted to media to leave them alone, I'm not sure they'll get that in the next few weeks.

Imagine if Philip passes in the next few days and Harry comes back to pay his respects... The tabloids will be all over them (even more than usual).

seen a lot of that

i genuinely believe they do want the media to leave them alone and by that they mean photographers lurking in bushes and being followed everywhere, there's a huge difference between being left alone by the gutter press and doing an interview with oprah 

we have absolutely **** dreadful media in the UK, they're massive words removed, with proven racial prejudices to it all so i have sympathy for them, of course though calling them for it isn't going to work

the royal family can make one of them being a nonce disappear from public minds but they cant do anything about one of them being a different skin colour...whats that say about them and our media?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They also have threatened the institution, and therefore are effectively enemies, not just not competitors.

We're now beginning the 'John-Travolta-in-Pulp-Fiction' phase of the saga ('maybe not that reaction, but they had to expect there would be a reaction . . .')

The royals can do whatever they want, just as soon as they stop receiving public money and pay back all that wealth built on receiving public funds and slavery. Until then these f*ckers should be scrutinised to hell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AXD said:

the interview.

I sort of get the feeling this was the end result no matter what the Royal family did.

They could have kept their heads down and waited until his grandparents have died.  

They are not scared of the tabloids and they are feeding them well at the moment.

Harry has had a personality transplant as far as I can see.  Idiot.

My earlier post shows I'm no fan of the monarchy, however before anyone rushes to judgement around abolishing them there simply must be a response from the royal family to the interview.

That being said, I absolutely believe that Meghan has been the victim of racism from the family. Philip, Charles, Andrew, and even Harry have shown time and again what respect they have for anyone who isn't them or filthy rich. Does anyone believe that they care about such things as equality and fairness? It's for the peasants.

A real watershed moment is coming for them if they don't address this.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

My earlier post shows I'm no fan of the monarchy, however before anyone rushes to judgement around abolishing them there simply must be a response from the royal family to the interview.

A real watershed moment is coming for them if they don't address this.

Nah, it's a few days of media uproar and then the media move onto the next big story. 

Just a bit of celebrity circus.   Its on par with something crazy Kim and Kanye do.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Nah, it's a few days of media uproar and then the media move onto the next big story. 

Just a bit of celebrity circus.   Its on par with something crazy Kim and Kanye do.

Well I suppose the Tories have been getting away with it for the last year.

In all seriousness if it's not properly addressed this will have international ramifications. It'll make us look even more racist than whenever Farage gets on TV in America.

To their credit, I think the youth of today are much more inclusive and far less racist than the elder generations, and the royals ignoring the interview will create a massive disconnect with the young people of this country.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Well I suppose the Tories have been getting away with it for the last year.

In all seriousness if it's not properly addressed this will have international ramifications. It'll make us look even more racist than whenever Farage gets on TV in America.

To their credit, I think the youth of today are much more inclusive and far less racist than the elder generations, and the royals ignoring the interview will create a massive disconnect with the young people of this country.

Are young people even remotely interested? 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, kind of. Only in a celebrity spat sort of way.  I've seen messages with #TeamMarkle and a minority #TeamQueen. 

But literally just as the topic of the day, and tomorrow it'll be about the next celeb antics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Erm, this interview has shite all to do with my long held opion that we should abolish the institution

Herr Madge is only the 12th richest Royal in the world, her son, the Jug-Eared Clown is the 13th richest. Their combined wealth does not elevate them to 11th place

Just one for you fact fans out there

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who knows what to believe.

He said / she said and as with everything these days it’ll boil down to a popularity contest.

Whatever truth may exist will be lost to the ether.

I think this is all a bit much for them to 'make up' to be honest. And it's not the first time that the Royals have come into the papers for 'questionable behaviour'

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

hugely in germany, the interview is on at 9pm here, the "build up" starts at 3pm

she'll be on the face of every celebrity magazine for the next week, front page of Bild today and the main thing they've taken from it seems to be about charles not talking to him

Â