The Royal Family

Genie

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Why do the interview? They have a SoCal seaside mansion and tens of millions of dollars, if not more. All this achieves is increased media frenzy and scrutiny.

They'll have attached one of their charities or good causes to it somewhere

Its not grabbed the headlines but the interview description includes talking about philanthropy 

The last interview they did was in South Africa and attached to the land mine charity that his mom set up 

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Why do the interview? They have a SoCal seaside mansion and tens of millions of dollars, if not more. All this achieves is increased media frenzy and scrutiny.

Because they get battered weekly in the UK press regardless of what they do so I assume they want to get their side out. The mythical silence of the Royal family is slightly undermined by the constant briefing from "Palace sources". 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah how dare they speak up like that. They should have just kept quiet. 

I get your point, but the question remains; what are they achieving other than perpetuating the frenzied media cycle? It's their free decision, and if I had a horse in the race it would be theirs, but IMO they'd be better off revealing less and maybe skipping the interview altogether. But their calculus informs them differently, and clearly see the interview as connected to their future business endeavors and/or a public forum to settle a score or two. I can't help but think it might backfire on them.

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I can't help but think it might backfire on them.

I'd imagine it will get a backlash from a fair proportion of this country, UK, but over in USA it has gone down very well and they have gained more favour apparently which given they live there is perhaps their primary concern.  

In terms of the reaction over here my facebook is already quite awash with pictures of old Liz and bollocks about share this picture to show your support, God save the Queen etc. 

Edited by markavfc40

Of course, they might have felt compelled to make a public statement to challenge the lies and vitriol from the English press. Maybe they felt they had no better options. First world problems though. First class problems. 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Of course, they might have felt compelled to make a public statement to challenge the lies and vitriol from the English press. Maybe they felt they had no better options. First world problems though. First class problems. 

I think it's a dangerous road to go down to suggest serious mental health issues from a press pile on is a 'first world problem' as it has taken numerous lives. 

I don't have the' privilege' of being known by the press, but I'd consider moaning about having to use margarine because the shop is out of butter as a more typical first world problem. 

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He was a perfectly nice young man until that foreign woman got her clause in to him...

Aside from the drugs at Eton and Nazi fancy dress. It’s funny how some people get away with this stuff scot free, and others never shake it off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think it's a dangerous road to go down to suggest serious mental health issues from a press pile on is a 'first world problem' as it has taken numerous lives. 

I don't have the' privilege' of being known by the press, but I'd consider moaning about having to use margarine because the shop is out of butter as a more typical first world problem. 

Fair point. It's just that their money and power affords them a peace of mind unattainable to most people who come under extreme media scrutiny. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Aside from the drugs at Eton and Nazi fancy dress. It’s funny how some people get away with this stuff scot free, and others never shake it off. 

I don't think doing drugs as a teenager makes someone a bad person. 

I'm also struggling to rember the last person who didn't get away with it! 

Just now, maqroll said:

Fair point. It's just that their money and power affords them a peace of mind unattainable to most people who come under extreme media scrutiny. 

I'm not saying they've had it worse from the press than grieving parents or even the likes of Jade Goody, Britney Spears etc. It's just easy for us normals to look at all the amazing things in their life and ignore the media pressure as it's impossible to understand without having gone through it. 

I for one would never trade being wealthy for media scrutiny and security issues for myself and my family. 

• Like 1

Anyone else watching the interview? It’ll be a real eye opener for many. When Megan said that she had to hand over her driving license, keys and passport shows what a cult it is on the inside.

Â