The Royal Family

Genie

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Anyone else watching the interview? 

Good grief no.

I have strong opinions on Bristol City and golf, and I don’t watch them either.

But I’ve just seen what Nicholas Witchell is wearing for tonight’s monologue...

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Piers Morgan has been sectioned, breaking news.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Piers Morgan is frantically trying to gauge public opinion on this to ensure that he thinks the opposite tomorrow morning 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One thing that struck me as odd, Harry talks extremely warmly about his gran, they talk often and have a good relationship, she’s been great through all of this etc.

Then he’s saying the Palace pulled their security because of a change in their status. Then they cut him off financially (I assume that was his salary). If it wasn’t for the money his mom left him he would have been screwed.
Why is the Queen letting these things happen to her grandson? Or does she have no clout at all anymore?

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Would you expect to be paid if you quit your job? His “pay” wasn't from his Gran, it's the money from the Civil List (or whatever its called now), he quit public life so wasn't entitled to the money. 

It just shows an absolute lack of awareness of his circumstances. They didn't cut him off financially, he did that to himself

Did you watch the interview?

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Did you watch the interview?

Nope, don't need to to assess that issue. It's been widely reported. Being cut-off financially by the Royals is an untruth. He quit his job and just like you and me if we did that, he stopped getting paid. That money he was being paid, was our tax money not generated by the RF paid in tax by you and me

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Nope, don't need to to assess that issue. It's been widely reported. Being cut-off financially by the Royals is an untruth. He quit his job and just like you and me if we did that, he stopped getting paid. That money he was being paid, was our tax money not generated by the RF paid in tax by you and me

It might be worth watching then, because the crux of what a lot of it was about is that the things “widely reported” about them were not true (including them quitting their jobs).

It was genuinely very interesting, keeping in mind that this is only 1 side of the argument of course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Royal privilege the highest level of them all. Makes me sick hearing them moan and whine about minor dramas while rolling in their millions and living in a condo near the beach. 

They said they went back to basics, having chickens and all that

Just now, Genie said:

It might be worth watching then, because the crux of what a lot of it was about is that the things “widely reported” about them were not true (including them quitting their jobs).

It was genuinely very interesting, keeping in mind that this is only 1 side of the argument of course.

They announced they were “leaving public life” that is them quitting their jobs, the fact that they don't appear to understand that really is a problem of their own perception.

I really don't need to watch the interview to know they are talking shite on that particular issue

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

They announced they were “leaving public life” that is them quitting their jobs, the fact that they don't appear to understand that really is a problem of their own perception.

I really don't need to watch the interview to know they are talking shite on that particular issue

How do you know that is them saying it when they themselves are saying it wasn’t them?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

How do you know that is them saying it when they themselves are saying it wasn’t them?

How do we know anything is true. Personally, I think Megan is a Representative for Wellingborough. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Because it's the Queen who controls that, no-one else. You appear to be suggesting the head lizard is in fact a puppet, a puppet of some uber-powerful courtier.

They also in Royal terms appeared to work out their contract. They fulfilled their obligations up to a particular date

There is absolutely no evidence apart from H&M saying otherwise that this isn't the truth. The alternative hypothesis if you like, is rather fanciful at best

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Be a laugh if they ever split up. 

I would think it's inevitable. What's the average Hollywood marriage? The pressure and circus surrounding them twice as intense. 

Â