The Royal Family

Genie

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I think this is all a bit much for them to 'make up' to be honest. And it's not the first time that the Royals have come into the papers for 'questionable behaviour'

Plenty more hasn't hit the papers, if you want Phillip to pull up short of the ton, just go and whisper Profumo Affair in his ear. That'll finish him off

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Yes, kind of. Only in a celebrity spat sort of way.  I've seen messages with #TeamMarkle and a minority #TeamQueen. 

But literally just as the topic of the day, and tomorrow it'll be about the next celeb antics.

therein lies the problem

the idea that this is meghan vs the queen, its not team meghan vs team UK media, or team megham vs the institution

its meghan vs the one that they know she isnt more popular than

kinda on both sides of the fence here. on one hand, if they are indeed still 'much loved' members of the family, and harry does still apparently have good relationships with all members except his dad, is there really no way these issues could've been resolved in private? no one is coming out of this looking great.

on the other side, megan will never have been seen the same way as kate. kate is diana v2, well spoken white girl from rich, stable household. was always going to fit right in with the royals.

megan is an outspoken, mixed race american from a less stable home. she was never going to fit in or be seen in the same light as kate both from the media and within the family and it sounds like she's finally had enough. the media never would've treated kate the way megan has been treated. with the portrayal of caroline flack pushing her over the edge and megan indicating she had contemplated similar, why are the UK press not held accountable for their actions?

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Erm, this interview has shite all to do with my long held opion that we should abolish the institution

That's fair enough, it's just that #abolishthemonarchy has been trending on twitter since the interview. My point was made more in general on those people on social media who are deciding this based on the interview alone.

I agree it should be abolished btw, but I've long held this view for a whole host of other reasons.

Payed  $7 million dollars to do tell all on the inner circle of the crown. Remember she shunned her own family at her wedding for selling out and her Dad was orchestrating photo's with the Paps.

All about getting payed.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I’m sure there is an element of needing to make their own money now in the big wide world.

It'll be interesting to see what the Palace say or do. They’ll probably go with the fingers in ears approach that worked well with Andrew.

3 hours ago, AXD said:

I don't know what the truth is in this story (other than that there are issues in the family), but if they wanted to media to leave them alone, I'm not sure they'll get that in the next few weeks.

Mrs Sidcow just said this. 

They want the press intrusion to end then go out and give probably the most explosive Royal interview of all time. It's going to put the press in a frenzy for years and the scrutiny will become even more intrusive. 

Surely you would just slink off to America and live a quiet life if that's what you wanted. It's seriously strange to light the bomb so publicly. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow just said this. 

They want the press intrusion to end then go out and give probably the most explosive Royal interview of all time. It's going to put the press in a frenzy for years and the scrutiny will become even more intrusive. 

Surely you would just slink off to America and live a quiet life if that's what you wanted. It's seriously strange to light the bomb so publicly. 

This is true, they have signed a massive deal with Netflix so not going to go hungry any time soon. They didn’t need to pull the tigers tail like this.

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah how dare they speak up like that. They should have just kept quiet. 

They are of course well within their rights to speak freely about what they want. It’s just that they left partly because of press intrusion into their lives, but then do this which the press will feed off for months.

Whats the motive? Is it money? Is it wanting to embarrass the remaining royals? Something else?

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah how dare they speak up like that. They should have just kept quiet. 

If I had serious family problems I wouldn't want the sordid details plastered in public across social media.  I would want it all kept as quiet as possible. Christ the Gallaghers spat was embarrassing enough. 

They are within their rights to do whatever they want but it's completely at odds with their stated wishes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

They are of course well within their rights to speak freely about what they want. It’s just that they left partly because of press intrusion into their lives, but then do this which the press will feed off for months.

Whats the motive? Is it money? Is it wanting to embarrass the remaining royals? Something else?

They're both probably pretty (no longer) royally pissed off with the firm. I think we all would be.

They're out of the way of the British press though. Who cares if they have a frenzy. It might and probably will backfire on the press.

I doubt I'd take it lying down either.

I'm quite surprised by who it is who is likely to have questioned what colour the baby would be. I always thought they were pretty modern and progressive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

"Any idea how dark the baby will be?"

The safe money is on Phillip

Apparently not. There's a huge omission in this list

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is true, they have signed a massive deal with Netflix so not going to go hungry any time soon. They didn’t need to pull the tigers tail like this.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that Netflix deal. 

Well forgive the cynicism but that interview, whilst it might have been given for free is going to boost their Netflix viewing figures astranomically I would think.  Call it a loss leader.  I'm starting to get more and more cynical about this whole sorry affair now. 

No such thing as bad publicity as they say. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I think this is all a bit much for them to 'make up' to be honest. And it's not the first time that the Royals have come into the papers for 'questionable behaviour'

Oh I don’t doubt there’s basis to the claims but exactly who said what and in which context will likely never be known.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. 

Well forgive the cynicism but that interview, whilst it might have been given for free is going to boost their Netflix viewing figures astranomically I would think.  Call it a loss leader.  I'm starting to get more and more cynical about this whole sorry affair now. 

Could call it “promo” too.

As I said, I’m not sure what their motive was for talking to Oprah.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh I don’t doubt there’s basis to the claims but exactly who said what and in which context will likely never be known.

Confused? You won't be, after next week's Netflix episode of...Sussex Royal Soap.

I'm sure many of the questions will be answered with a few new cliffhangers as well. 

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

The royals can do whatever they want, just as soon as they stop receiving public money and pay back all that wealth built on receiving public funds and slavery. Until then these f*ckers should be scrutinised to hell. 

Unless William when King injects the majority of it into the Villa transfer coffers and puts Bielsa in the Tower

• Haha 1

Â