Genie

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm swelled by the general disdain that I thought would be taboo

On VT? Totally expected. 

Or do you mean in NZ? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

On VT? Totally expected. 

Or do you mean in NZ? 

On VT but actually NZ is kind of old English money puritanical in a disgusting way. Easter drinking and shop opening laws are archaic

• Like 1

Lol Jim'll Paint It FB post text:

I would like to formally apologise for yesterday's post. 

Out of respect for the late racist and father of suspected paedophile I have replaced Prince Philip with The Count. I trust this will make everything okay.

Edited by Kiwivillan

Sky's been turned off, the straw that broke the camels back - 

We know about covid and the restrictions but it's going to be impossible to stop public gatherings to commemorate such a popular figure in British life

**** off! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I reckon Charles will be king no longer than 10 years by time queen goes thankfully 

Rather they just skip charles and give it to William 

If we got to apply some sort of 'suitability' criteria to the role, the whole logic of the whole damn thing would fall apart even more obviously than it already has. You get the first born, or you don't have a monarchy.

6 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm just glad he lived long enough to see his grandson marry a mixed-race woman.

Yeah but that aspect of the family will make the funeral even more annoying than usual. They can't ban them from going nor can those two not turn up.

Inceased media circus is guaranteed.

Just now, bickster said:

Yeah but that aspect of the family will make the funeral even more annoying than usual. They can't ban them from going nor can those two not turn up.

Inceased media circus is guaranteed.

"And the papers want to know whose shirt you wear" one of my favourite song lyrics of all time that sums up tabloid media

He was literally of NO relevance to the population of this country. But  lots of people 'liked him' (with no justification whatsover). Fair enough, lots of people like various TV and pop music 'stars' (with equal irrationality) - but we wouldn't overturn normal life, TV schedules etc. for their deaths - especially if they were 99 years old anyway. 

I'd have had this as an "...and finally" item on the news, no more, no less. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He was literally of NO relevance to the population of this country. But  lots of people 'liked him' (with no justification whatsover). Fair enough, lots of people like various TV and pop music 'stars' (with equal irrationality) - but we wouldn't overturn normal life, TV schedules etc. for their deaths - especially if they were 99 years old anyway. 

I'd have had this as an "...and finally" item on the news, no more, no less. 

Funny thing is (not knowing him at all) I think he would have probably called the whole thing a circus and, if he got his way, not bothered with anything public at all.

I think it's fair to say there are levels of racism. He said offensive (admittedly sometimes funny...) things often based on absurd and offensive stereotypes. Always struck me as well intentioned but just ridiculously out of touch, rather than being malicious. It's not like he was a member of the EDL. He was harmless.

• Like 1

90 year old man in having outdated views shocker. It will happen to all off you in the pronouns game of 2050!

I also don't think anyone is asking for sympathy for a 99 year old rich bloke having died.

Also the Royal Family are a huge symbol of this country abroad whether you like it or not.

Strange reactions.

Â