The Royal Family

Genie

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nice distraction from the paedophile questions though isn't it

Even nicer distraction from the shitshow that is Brexit and the government's general incompetence and corruption in handling the pandemic. 

• Like 2

Stuck sky news on and saw the William stuff, he's walking round a school in a group and a journalist shouts at him "William, are the royal family a racist family?" 

And there's some twunt on sky saying "what a great question that is from our colleague" 

That's not a great question, that's not journalism, it's **** awful and pointless

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Stuck sky news on and saw the William stuff, he's walking round a school in a group and a journalist shouts at him "William, are the royal family a racist family?" 

And there's some twunt on sky saying "what a great question that is from our colleague" 

That's not a great question, that's not journalism, it's **** awful and pointless

And it's being spun as a 'statement', rather than a terse reply to a stupid question. What did they think he was going to say? "Well, yeah, we are a bit racist"? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

And it's being spun as a 'statement', rather than a terse reply to a stupid question. What did they think he was going to say? "Well, yeah, we are a bit racist"? 

"you've got to watch out for that Andrew, he's a bit of a character" 

• Haha 1

On 11/03/2021 at 17:07, villa4europe said:

Was asked a few pages back but I'd didnt see an answer

In that context who is "the Palace"? 

This is a really good question I’d love to know.

Who are the powerful yet anonymous people who manage/run the monarchy?

Who are royals asking for permission to do things?

Edited by Genie

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is a really good question I’d love to know.

Who are the powerful yet anonymous people who manage/run the monarchy?

Who are royals asking for permission to do things?

Ultimately the buck stops at the top with Herr Madge, regardless of what other people are doing. The Royals aren't the puppets of their advisors. The staff are either acting on the guidance from the Queen or the Queen is enabling their behaviour by not stopping it.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ultimately the buck stops at the top with Herr Madge, regardless of what other people are doing. The Royals aren't the puppets of their advisors. The staff are either acting on the guidance from the Queen or the Queen is enabling their behaviour by not stopping it.

I agree with that, the reality of the situation is that The Royals, including the Queen seem to delegate to “senior officials” behind the scenes. 

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Prince Philip leaves hospital in a saloon car with 3 other people in it. 
Good job there’s no virus going round...

Is he supposed to catch a bus? 😂

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Prince Philip leaves hospital in a saloon car with 3 other people in it. 
Good job there’s no virus going round...

I'm pretty sure there must be an exemption for personal protection officers. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'm pretty sure there must be an exemption for personal protection officers. 

Yeah, I’m sure there is a reason why they do it. Just a strange sight to see these days. 4 people sat in a car together (before you get to the fact he’s 99 and been at deaths door for weeks).

5 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I think having multiple people there is key to helping him continue to act as required. I saw a documentary about a similar situation where two friends had to help their boss in the same way for the entire duration of a weekend at his beach house.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRooXuO2OIrIbs7oaGSg3X

Â