The Royal Family

Genie

In a very rare case, there seems to have been an actual consequence for denying the UK press's appalling record on race . . . Ian Murray, now-former chief exectuve of the Society of Editors, put out an absurd statement denying there is any racism at all in the British press yesterday, then gave a round of deeply embarrassing media interviews to Victoria Derbyshire and Rachel Burden, then nominees started rejecting their nominations for awards, then the rest of the board put out a statement contradicting him . . . busy 24 hours for Mr Murray, who still found time to like a tweet of a naked bottom during the process . . .

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I do wonder how many people in the press here who have top jobs in the media are non white?

Surely looking at is the the start of fixing this problem

I don't even see this as a white/non-white issue. It's a public vs state school issue, and it's not just limited to the press. You look at all the "elite" professions. Press, Politicians, Boardrooms of major companies, acting, to some degree the music industry, a lot of sport. All massively over represented by public school alumni.

It's not just a skin colour thing (although I accept if you aren't white you're double hamstrung), if your parents can afford to get you into the right schools at the right age you're set for life and it's got to change. Unfortunately those with the power to change it are part of the system and have no incentive to even the playing field when their offspring are benefiting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

andrew neil has offered piers a job on GB news live on air.

Guess we will know what kind of news channel GB news will be then

it's amazing how this complies with impartiality rules by having such predominantly right wing hosts

i know the right complain about BBC but truth is we have no idea which way the likes of dan walker etc lean. this is a different story altogether

Guy gets the sack for trivialising and calling someone who said they were suicidal a liar... gets inundated with job offers.

What a mess.

Unless someone actually dies then it’s business as usual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Guy gets the sack for trivialising and calling someone who said they were suicidal a liar... gets inundated with job offers.

What a mess.

Unless someone actually dies then it’s business as usual.

Carlone flack did then e eveeyone waa bw kind for a few weeks then back to same shit

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's amazing how this complies with impartiality rules by having such predominantly right wing hosts

i know the right complain about BBC but truth is we have no idea which way the likes of dan walker etc lean. this is a different story altogether

Piers Morgan is a complete ogre but you watch the viewing figures go down on GM Britain now. 

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

What do they expect him to say? 

" We are not racist, but my brother did dress as a Nazi and refer to an army colleague as my little Paki friend whilst saying another colleague looked like a Rag head  "

William needs to spend less time hanging out with Peter Crouch  and  more time on football forums mastering the art of  deflection 101

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

“We are not racist, but my brother did dress as a Nazi and refer to an army colleague as my little Paki friend whilst saying another colleague looked like a Rag head  "

Yeah, but that was over a decade ago, before racism was bad.

(It’s a quote from the office)

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 1

Funny, we're talking mostly about the racist remarks made in the royal family, but not about the negative press driving her to suicidal tendencies.

The tabloids are not really talking about their responsibility in the whole story, but mostly about what the royals did wrong (and they are not without fault obviously).

Edited by AXD
not the topic for sarcasm

Just now, AXD said:

Funny, we're talking mostly about the racist remarks made in the royal family, but not about the negative press driving her to suicidal tendencies.

I wonder who is pushing that narrative?

One of the negative stories was apparently leaked by the palace, but twisted.

The story was that Megan had made Kate cry over something to do with dresses for the wedding. It was on the front pages.

Megan says the truth was Kate had made her cry, but had since apologised and written her a letter of apology. 
The palace refused to correct the story or put out a statement.

Strong suggestion from Megan that the Palace were behind it.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

One of the negative stories was apparently leaked by the palace, but twisted.

The story was that Megan had made Kate cry over something to do with dresses for the wedding. It was on the front pages.

Megan says the truth was Kate had made her cry, but had since apologised and written her a letter of apology. 
The palace refused to correct the story or put out a statement.

Strong suggestion from Megan that the Palace were behind it.

Was asked a few pages back but I'd didnt see an answer

In that context who is "the Palace"? 

Â