The Royal Family

Genie

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Mate, if you're looking for sombre reverance, I suggest you could turn on your TV, and watch BBC 1. Or BBC 2. Or ITV. Or Channel 4, or Channel 5, or literally every radio station in the land.

...Or news.sky.com or bbc.co.uk or bbc.co.uk/sport (FFS) or literally every single news site

• Like 1

One unexpected side issue which has taken me somewhat by surprise is the the music on the radio, well Absolute Radio, has been completely diobolical all frippin day. 

Special programming with regular pre recorded announcement between each couple of dirge tracks. It's a horror show, had to turn it off. 

Just now, sidcow said:

One unexpected side issue which has taken me somewhat by surprise is the the music on the radio, well Absolute Radio, has been completely diobolical all frippin day. 

Special programming with regular pre recorded announcement between each couple of dirge tracks. It's a horror show, had to turn it off. 

They've just played Candle In the Wind

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Its across the board ffs thank McGrath for Spotify!

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Do you honestly believe this utter tripe?

In the Oprah interview Meghan was saying that when she met the Queen the first time she was shocked she’d still have to curtsy to her, even though it was just them. She thought it was just for show, but amazed when they said she had to follow the rules even for a private meeting.

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

They've just played Candle In the Wind

There was a yank on sky news earlier saying this is as big in the states as dianna, find that really hard to believe 

She then went on to say that Americans like Diana and Phil especially because like them they're outsiders 

😂😂😂😂

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

In the Oprah interview Meghan was saying that when she met the Queen the first time she was shocked she’d still have to curtsy to her, even though it was just them. She thought it was just for show, but amazed when they said she had to follow the rules even for a private meeting.

Yeah, tell that to Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother

1 hour ago, will87 said:

Sympathies with the Queen really, married since just after WWII and as someone said on the coverage, he was the only person that could talk to her like she wasn't the Queen.

"**** off liz you prick if I want to drink 6 cans of fosters and watch the football then I will, get the dinner on" 

Hard to know what kind of life you'd have in that position and at that age, one of the interesting things I heard on the news was that because he retired they didn't actually spend that much time together but then with corona they did, they spent a lot of time together more so than they had in years

56 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I don't care a great deal about Prince Phillip and I agree the wall-to-wall media coverage is a bit extreme, but I find the level of gloating in this thread a bit distasteful personally.

Distasteful gloating should be kept where it belongs .

Under lampshades in Jamaican brothels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Distasteful gloating should be kept where it belongs .

Under lampshades in Jamaican brothels.

This is in no way going to get the love it deserves. beautiful the cure GIF

• Like 1

Â