Tom13

Much quieter second half but it was for the whole team in what wasn't a very good display from us. Kind of looked like he was within himself a little bit, there were a few free kicks outside our area which you'd normally expect him to take and have a shot at goal but maybe didn't have the confidence today. I'm sure just playing for 90 minutes will do him good though, get him some match fitness back.

Does make me wonder that we'd be better off keeping him with us this season and build his confidence back up.

Edited by useless

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I see he's back training with the first team, hopefully will help with his confidence.

I think it will. He does look more of a man these days,  I watched the youth team play Boro and he looked taller and to have filled out a touch more. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Who's better Archer or Barry? 

Archer. Certainly at the moment. Archer is borderline first team (he is listed as in the senior squad and certainly good enough for the bench) seems to score whatever the challenge. I think Barry has promise but is struggling with confidence. Maybe even Brad Young is ahead of Barry at the moment. I would rather Archer on the Bench than Davis.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Who's better Archer or Barry? 

Right Now Archer due to physical growth and confidence. He's older and more mature now.
Barry probz better if we compare them at the same age of 18 years old. Barry still got plenty of time to grow. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, messi11 said:

Right Now Archer due to physical growth and confidence. He's older and more mature now.
Barry probz better if we compare them at the same age of 18 years old. Barry still got plenty of time to grow. 

Archer showed little of the genuine promise he does now until this season, his previous loan was uneventful and it looked like he might be a player than didnt make it, like he would just fizzle out. This season he has found the confidence and the finishing that has lifted him, the challenge is to sustain it and that not a flash in the pan. I really think he is quietly very good, his range of finishing, physicality and importantly his movement and reading of the game are very good, I think he has a real chance of having a decent career, even if its not for with us and where we want to be. Time will tell, maybe a loan next season in the Championship would be good for his growth, looks like he will be kept with our first team for the rest of this season.

Edited by thunderball

Â